News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiversaurus

HLG seems to have improved their posturing and posing with theropods too. These Dilos look a lot more naturally posed than the Allo and Daspletosaurus previously. A welcome sign, just as how PNSO seems to be improving on their lips implementation (Saurophaganax vs Yangchuanosaurus).

Fembrogon

Face issues aside, this does look like a nice pair, and it' cool that we're getting two distinct display variants in between sculpts. I'll get this set for sure.

EuropaSuchus

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 29, 2023, 03:02:05 AM
Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on October 29, 2023, 01:35:39 AMI would welcome any sauropods that aren't one of the "Jurassic classics" (Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Diplodocus, Camarosaurus)

Hoping to see a Barosaurus from some brand soon.
Imagine a trio of Diplodocus, Apatosaurus and Barosaurus from them... Trio of Morrison diplodocid titans majestically walking together. Wonderful!

edu

I like them A LOT. Lips aside... aren't those thorax a bit short? I'll ger them nevertheless. HLGD is trying new things, that's something to encourage.

Faelrin

Called it. Knew it didn't have lips from the pics of the sculpt teased a while back. That said, not a deal breaker. It's not often you get dinosaurs in a sitting posture (I think PNSO and Nanmu are some of the few that have in the past in recent years). I kind of wish one of the standing ones was in that bright blue coloration of the sitting one, so one can have that color in both poses (like Nanmu does). Can't commit to this one this year, with my situation, unless things improve, no matter how cheap it is. Behind on so much as it is anyways.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pinbacker

Excellent looking set. I may use one as a stand-in for Sinosaurus in my display. I like that Haolonggood has continued the trend of offering a pair of Dilophosaurus, a tradition that dates back to the Carnegie Collection. 

vampiredesign

The early styling was done with lips, but there was a lot of public pressure in China, so it was too late. During this period, we have been summarizing and adjusting. Therefore, the entire process from design to samples and production is being optimized, as I mentioned earlier, we strive to find a balance point as much as possible. Development costs, production costs, market prices, and the model itself. I apologize for not being able to meet everyone's needs and requirements, but we are working hard to achieve this.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: vampiredesign on October 31, 2023, 06:51:20 AMThe early styling was done with lips, but there was a lot of public pressure in China, so it was too late. During this period, we have been summarizing and adjusting. Therefore, the entire process from design to samples and production is being optimized, as I mentioned earlier, we strive to find a balance point as much as possible. Development costs, production costs, market prices, and the model itself. I apologize for not being able to meet everyone's needs and requirements, but we are working hard to achieve this.

We appreciate the effort and closeness to all your costumers in order to take Haolonggu to higher realms. Social media pressure is now a deal breaker, but with every release all the HG team has shown huge improvements and adventurous takes between each release. I am very keen into the next Ornithischians to appear this year  :)) , thank you!

thomasw100

This entire lips versus non-lips discussion is difficult for everyone who makes dinosaur models. Whatever you do, you cannot make all people happy at the same time. The version with lips is almost certainly the most scientifically correct one, but do theropods with lips sell better than those without? Children for example seem to prefer the theropods without lips and teeth being visible. Perhaps because of movies and cartoons which show them like that. So companies like Haolonggood have to take such things into account. At the end of the day, they need to be able to sell their products well. Speaking of products, I cannot wait to see that large sauropod being released.

SenSx

No lips is the shame for me because other wise those figures look so good for a very affordable price.
So putting aside that lips debate, what do you think of the rest of the figure accuracy wise ?

Also I would like to know the correct mesurements of them, are they 7cm tall and 20 cm  long ? or 30 cm long ?

Thanks

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on October 31, 2023, 06:51:20 AMThe early styling was done with lips, but there was a lot of public pressure in China, so it was too late. During this period, we have been summarizing and adjusting. Therefore, the entire process from design to samples and production is being optimized, as I mentioned earlier, we strive to find a balance point as much as possible. Development costs, production costs, market prices, and the model itself. I apologize for not being able to meet everyone's needs and requirements, but we are working hard to achieve this.

These Dilophosaurus figures are still in my opinion the best 1:35 scale options on the market, especially for two figures, and two wonderfully painted figures at that. Don't let the lips/no lips debate hinder your creativity or the developmental process.

Keep it going, and we look forward to the next Haolonggood offering!

Sim

Haolonggood's Dilophosaurus are the best Dilophosaurus figures out of all Dilophosaurus figures, in my opinion.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sim on October 31, 2023, 04:04:36 PMHaolonggood's Dilophosaurus are the best Dilophosaurus figures out of all Dilophosaurus figures, in my opinion.

It's very nice, but per usual I'll stick with Safari

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Completely fair, dilo is one of the few species I don't really mind being lipless because of their rosette, and the colors are absolutely superb. I have to ask tho, is the brown variant meant to be a gay couple, or am I reading too far into things?

Lynx

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 31, 2023, 04:47:45 PM

Completely fair, dilo is one of the few species I don't really mind being lipless because of their rosette, and the colors are absolutely superb. I have to ask tho, is the brown variant meant to be a gay couple, or am I reading too far into things?

I think it's just meant to be two variants of the same figure, but it's left to your own storytelling! It would be cool to see one way or another.
An oversized house cat.

Flaffy

Quote from: Lynx on October 31, 2023, 06:53:25 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on October 31, 2023, 04:47:45 PMCompletely fair, dilo is one of the few species I don't really mind being lipless because of their rosette, and the colors are absolutely superb. I have to ask tho, is the brown variant meant to be a gay couple, or am I reading too far into things?

I think it's just meant to be two variants of the same figure, but it's left to your own storytelling! It would be cool to see one way or another.

The figures have masculine and feminine titles/names for each variant, so the intent is for this to be a male/female pair. Of course that's not to say one can't have their own headcannons for their own copies.

GojiraGuy1954

Since I just got my first Haolonggood figure (Nasutoceratops) I might as well chime in with some suggestions of my own

Ceratopsians:

Einiosaurus
Torosaurus
Kosmoceratops

Ornithopods:

Edmontosaurus annectens (Specifically, way too much regalis on the market)
Saurolophus
Iguanodon

Sauropods:

Brachytrachelopan
Nigersaurus
Plateosaurus

Thyreophorans:

Borealopelta
Ankylosaurus
Spicomellus

My only wish for the Theropods is Lips
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

My dinosaur desires:

Torosaurus
Centrosaurus
Anchiceratops
Judiceratops

Tenontosaurus
Corythosaurus
Brachylophosaurus
Tsintaosaurus

Scelidosaurus
Hesperosaurus
Tarchia
Scolosaurus

Plateosaurus
Aardonyx
Brachytrachelopan
Europasaurus

Rajasaurus
Rugops
Irritator
Sinraptor

Gallimimus
Gigantoraptor
Nothronychus
Austroraptor

Sinotyrannus
Maip
Dryptosaurus
Gorgosaurus
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Just ordered the Zuul from Lana - I'm looking forward to comparing it to my Safari one, of course, and then also to the other PNSO ankylosaurids.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: SidB on November 04, 2023, 02:26:19 AMJust ordered the Zuul from Lana - I'm looking forward to comparing it to my Safari one, of course, and then also to the other PNSO ankylosaurids.
PNSO 2023 thread is down the hall and to the left
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: