News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys - New for 2023

Started by Bread, November 05, 2023, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Yeah it is not so good as others...

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on November 06, 2023, 02:16:03 PMGuess that
Quote from: Carnoking on November 06, 2023, 01:55:09 PMI'm noticing that it has teeth. That's interesting.

Guess that confirms the lack of attention GR Toys put into their research. Checks out with the wonky sculpt in general.
I wonder if that co-relates to the iffy elements on the previous T-rex and Therizinosaurus (feet).  Wasn't GR also involved with HLG at that time?

Bread

Quote from: SidB on November 06, 2023, 03:55:14 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 06, 2023, 02:16:03 PMGuess that
Quote from: Carnoking on November 06, 2023, 01:55:09 PMI'm noticing that it has teeth. That's interesting.

Guess that confirms the lack of attention GR Toys put into their research. Checks out with the wonky sculpt in general.
I wonder if that co-relates to the iffy elements on the previous T-rex and Therizinosaurus (feet).  Wasn't GR also involved with HLG at that time?

V @vampiredesign could probably provide us answers to these questions.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

While the sculpt is nowhere near perfect, as gr toys' first solo model away from HLG, this is pretty good.

Ikessauro

So, if I'm understanding correctly. GR Toys was a company on its own, then they did a partnership with Haolonggood for a while, then they separated and now they are independent from each other. Is that right?

Skorpio V.

The softer, more stylized design is a cool step away from the more rugged CollectA and PNSO ones. I prefer the latter two, but the safer, stylized look they took is definitely appealing.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Leyster

It might be something akin to tomium. Pretty interesting detail, if it's so.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Fembrogon

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 06, 2023, 05:09:45 PMSo, if I'm understanding correctly. GR Toys was a company on its own, then they did a partnership with Haolonggood for a while, then they separated and now they are independent from each other. Is that right?
From what I understand, GR Toys served as the primary retail company for Haolonggood's (and MuSee's) products. Their last collaboration seems to have been the Quetzalcoatlus, with the rex and theri being Haolonggood's first products sold independently.

I was starting to notice the beak looked a little odd on this model - too downturned - but the presence of teeth is a much bigger problem. I wonder why they did that? I doubt it enhances the appearance much at that size.

Sim

The Quetzalcoatlus was by Haolonggood only I think.

Halichoeres

Deinocheirus is becoming a stock dinosaur and I can hardly think of a dinosaur more worthy of the promotion. Of course, that means the competition is stiff and I'll probably skip this one.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Prehistory Resurrection

Faelrin

I noticed that the Deinocheirus pair is available on the Haolonggood Amazon store in a new section called Other Dinosaurs. Just thought I'd give a heads up to folks about that. I find that rather interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Deinocheirus-Gray/dp/B09WD14ZWQ
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.