News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co - New for 2023

Started by Halichoeres, April 13, 2023, 05:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Not the most refined figures of their genus (IMO Safari's Icthyosaurus and PNSO's Deinocheirus are far ahead), but still nice that we got something other than Tyrannosaurus from Favorite.

Fembrogon

Yeah, they look decent. I might try getting these in the future.

Faelrin

I like them more then last year's offerings honestly. Maybe once I can get back on my feet a little (aka save up my funds after how much I spent lately), I might try to get my hands on these.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

brettnj

Halichoeres

Not too shabby. The Ichthyosaurus is tempting, I like when marine animals come with stands.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

brettnj

We were going to place an order Tuesday but these are already backordered. Based upon past years' issues, they should be in stock again within days.

So we'll continue to accept orders (which will include free shipping to my source in Japan due to meeting the minimum order requirement) until I note otherwise. Thereafter we can still order from the site but might not get the free shipping.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks.
Brett

Halichoeres

Quote from: Fembrogon on October 27, 2023, 05:31:06 PMTHAT is probably the biggest news from Favorite that we've had since... maybe the Mosasaurus?
It would be extra neat if this turned out to be a genus like Stenopterygius instead of the more typical Ichthyosaurus, though I wouldn't expect that. I'm also guessing this will be a "dinosaur"-series release rather than the "prehistoric life" series.

Just like the Plesiosaurus and Mosasaurus. Definitely seems like they have no further plans to expand the Prehistoric Life line, which is such a bummer. It was the product line I liked best.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Fembrogon

I have to assume their Prehistorics line doesn't sell well enough to warrant updates - or maybe they can't find a lead designer they're satisfied with to continue.
Either way I concur; it's a real shame that line seems dead. If only Favorite had wider distribution, I wonder how that might change things? Wishful thinking, of course...

JimoAi

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 25, 2023, 10:41:51 PMI have to assume their Prehistorics line doesn't sell well enough to warrant updates - or maybe they can't find a lead designer they're satisfied with to continue.
Either way I concur; it's a real shame that line seems dead. If only Favorite had wider distribution, I wonder how that might change things? Wishful thinking, of course...

True but they did keep the prehistoric line in production despite that. I do hope they're at least on an indefinite Hiatus

Halichoeres

Quote from: JimoAi on November 26, 2023, 03:18:28 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on November 25, 2023, 10:41:51 PMI have to assume their Prehistorics line doesn't sell well enough to warrant updates - or maybe they can't find a lead designer they're satisfied with to continue.

True but they did keep the prehistoric line in production despite that. I do hope they're at least on an indefinite Hiatus

At least they're in production; that's not nothing. A social media post earlier this year referred to Hirokazu Tokugawa as a 'former model author,' suggesting they've parted ways. He sculpted the entire Prehistoric Life series, so without him it seems unlikely to continue. Not that they couldn't hire someone else, but they might not be inclined to bother if they don't sell as well as the dinosaurs.

Anyway, I've got photos posted to the first page now for all 2023 products that I'm aware of (except some event-exclusive repaints of their soft vinyl toys).