News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

avatar_Bread @Bread it's not just the skull. Compare the body proportions, too.

Anyway, following yesterday debate I did some minor adjustment to the text, mainly stating that ROM 1247 is a not fully developed specimen, something I think we all can agree with.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SRF

Interesting review of the Gorgosaurus L @Leyster. When the figure was released it gave me immediately sub adult vibes, especially the head. Nice to see that the figure is actually based on a specific specimen, but I always felt that Tristan had a sub adult head on an adult body, since the head is very small compared to the rest of the figure.

I do think this does means that all the Tyrannosaurs PNSO has released this year are drastically out of scale with each other? Cameron is indeed around 1:35 since it's based on Sue. But the Albertosaurus is probably more around 1:31 I think and the Lythronax around 1:28. The Daspletosaurus is like the opposite of how I always viewed the Gorgosaurus, with a sub adult body and the head of an adult. That does make it hard to determine the scale for the Daspletosaurus, or is that one also based on a specific specimen?   
But today, I'm just being father

Leyster

avatar_SRF @SRF I do not own the Daspletosaurus so I cannot answer to this.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Tracewyrm!

It has nearly been a month since PNSO announced their Alamosaurus and we are closing in on December. It feels like the next release is just around the corner, so for the brief span of quiet we have, I wanna hear what you guys are expecting their next -and possibly last- release for 2023 to be.

Will it be the Spinosaurus we got sneak peek of a while ago? Some entirely different sculpt?

2023 may not have been exactly like the last few years in terms of frequent releases, but at the very least, it brought us the trend of PNSO theropods having lips, which I am thankful for, even if 2024 will almost certainly be bringing us another new T. rex..
* (It's locked.)

SRF

I really hope an Edmontosaurus will be among the last releases for 2023.
But today, I'm just being father

thomasw100

Quote from: SRF on November 29, 2023, 02:11:40 PMI really hope an Edmontosaurus will be among the last releases for 2023.

That would be a really pleasant surprise. It has been quite a while since PNSO has released an ornithopod. I think this was the Tsintaosaurus or the Iguanodon.

thomasw100

This appears to be the next generation Spinosaurus (thanks to Paleofiguras for posting these images). Probably not the next release but rather something for next year.

Tracewyrm!

New photo of the Spinosaurus. Looks like a promo shot. Maybe it IS the next figure after all..

* (It's locked.)

Bread

Could easily be this year's "before Christmas" release, which drives everyone to purchase it ASAP. Similar to "Winter Wilson" debut.

SenSx

Would be great, I really like the pose, but I'm afraid it might not be 1/35 scale...

Stegotyranno420

Im tired of Mesozoic Life's attemptsm
Might settle for this guy

Blade-of-the-Moon

Definitely going to need a stand for it. ;)

Sim

Oh please let this Spinosaurus be the next PNSO figure!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Sim on November 29, 2023, 04:19:17 PMOh please let this Spinosaurus be the next PNSO figure!

Really? Didn't they already made a few to several?

I think we are at a point we can go 10 years without another Spinosaurus. From anybody.

Sim

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 29, 2023, 04:25:41 PM
Quote from: Sim on November 29, 2023, 04:19:17 PMOh please let this Spinosaurus be the next PNSO figure!

I think we are at a point we can go 10 years without another Spinosaurus. From anybody.
I'd like PNSO to produce that figure as I don't have a Spinosaurus in my collection and I would like an adult one in 1:35 scale with anatomy accurate to our current understanding of it.  There currently isn't one like that and this PNSO figure looks like it will have all that and look so good!
PNSO has made three Spinosaurus figures I think: the little dinosaurs baby, the museum line adult and the prehistoric animal models juvenile.  Only the juvenile has accurate anatomy, excluding that not all its teeth are painted!

Carnoking

Looks pretty cool to me!

Skorpio V.

warped and tinkered with the colours to get a better look at it (might be on the saturated side but wtv)
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Mattyonyx

Judging by the picture, it's clearly based on Sereno's reconstruction, so there would be an interesting (even if a little unfair) comparison to the previous model, based on Ibrahim's paper.

I'm saying that because it's not exactly an updated version, but rather an alternative version, especially since the two teams are clearly in the middle of a scientific feud.

For example, the Mezozoic Life Spinosaurus (alas) it's an updated version of the 2020 version.

On a side note: Ibrahim's team has recently been on the Kem Kem beds, searching for additional Spinosaurus bones. If they have new material, they surely will make a new paper with an updated skeletal, this time based on their own recontruction.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 29, 2023, 04:25:41 PM

Yes, but to be honest imo this is the first one to properly represent a modern recon, Essien was good, but imo he was too quadropedal, and he was much too small.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Skorpio V. on November 29, 2023, 04:50:40 PM
warped and tinkered with the colours to get a better look at it (might be on the saturated side but wtv)

Not gonna lie, that looks pretty majestic, accurate or not... I myself am not inclined to get a Spinosaurus, due to all the developing papers, but this guy looks to be a great addition for any Spinosaur lover!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: