News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm waiting to see what Lana has it for.

thomasw100

There are still some questions concerning the Alamosaurus. The pictures of version C as well as the picture of the unpainted (or just primed) model look different in terms of position of feet etc. than the pictures of version A and B. Further to that, I am puzzled by the text in version C that say solid model? Dies that mean that version C might be a resin model unlike version A and B which are PVC models? Could this please be clarified?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 09, 2023, 07:10:37 AMThere are still some questions concerning the Alamosaurus. The pictures of version C as well as the picture of the unpainted (or just primed) model look different in terms of position of feet etc. than the pictures of version A and B. Further to that, I am puzzled by the text in version C that say solid model? Dies that mean that version C might be a resin model unlike version A and B which are PVC models? Could this please be clarified?

By solid I believe it means a solid color as opposed to having patterning.

thomasw100

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on December 09, 2023, 08:15:03 AM
Quote from: thomasw100 on December 09, 2023, 07:10:37 AMThere are still some questions concerning the Alamosaurus. The pictures of version C as well as the picture of the unpainted (or just primed) model look different in terms of position of feet etc. than the pictures of version A and B. Further to that, I am puzzled by the text in version C that say solid model? Dies that mean that version C might be a resin model unlike version A and B which are PVC models? Could this please be clarified?

By solid I believe it means a solid color as opposed to having patterning.

Maybe this is what this means. However, the pose of the version C looks definitely different from that in versions A and B. The feet have a different position and the head is also turned differently and the neck is raised with a steeper angle than in A and B. The pictures of A and B could perhaps be renders of the digital model with a different pose then. I would believe that what is shown in C is the final pose as this appears to be a physical model and not some digital render. The pose of C is also the same as in the picture where the person from Haolonggood holds the physical model. Alternatively, it could also be that they made prototype 3D prints which conform to version C and that the mass produced PVC version is slightly different and conforms to versions A and B. vampiredesign could you please kindly explain this?

thomasw100

Quote from: Pinbacker on December 09, 2023, 04:13:43 AM
Quote from: Renecito on December 09, 2023, 04:02:01 AMPaleofiguras has posted the presale on AliExpress:

With base:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256806134130960.html
Without base:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256806133982247.html

Ooff, that shipping price hurts. Hopefully there will be better options. I've bought bigger items off of Aliexpress, like the I-Toy Paraceratherium and the W-Dragon Giraffatitan, and paid very low shipping costs. This seems a little inflated

I cannot see the shipping price. This store does not deliver to my shipping address. I hope that Lana Time Shop will have it soon as well.

thomasw100

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on December 09, 2023, 04:07:01 AM
Quote from: Renecito on December 09, 2023, 04:02:01 AMPaleofiguras has posted the presale on AliExpress:

With base:
Without base:
It was too good to be true  :-[
Men I'm ded X.x

But still this is a modest price for such a huge model. The Apatosaurus for example is listed for 95 USD on the website of Lana Time Shop.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Pinbacker on December 09, 2023, 04:13:43 AM

With base:
Without base:

Ooff, that shipping price hurts. Hopefully there will be better options. I've bought bigger items off of Aliexpress, like the I-Toy Paraceratherium and the W-Dragon Giraffatitan, and paid very low shipping costs. This seems a little inflated
I clicked the link thinking that the shipping can't be that bad.. At least for where I am, it's an extra 3/4ths of the price!

Granted, I don't have experience shipping larger figures, but I really hope there will be ways to pick this up with lower shipping. Going to have to agree on it seeming a little inflated but again, no real experience with larger models.
* (It's locked.)

Carnoking

Not sure how big the box for this Alamosaurus is but I've got the Nanmu Mosasaurus on the way from Lana (infamous for its big box) and shipping by sea for that was only 65.00.

I say only but as much as I can remember, that's far and away the most I've ever paid for shipping.

Renecito

Quote from: Carnoking on December 09, 2023, 01:51:53 PMNot sure how big the box for this Alamosaurus is but I've got the Nanmu Mosasaurus on the way from Lana (infamous for its big box) and shipping by sea for that was only 65.00.

I say only but as much as I can remember, that's far and away the most I've ever paid for shipping.

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

thomasw100

Some updates on the Haolongood Alamosaurus as follows:

1) Lana Time Shop has it now listed for pre-sale on their website for 90 USD for all three paint variants. This will include the base and one small unpainted Pteranodon model if the order is placed before December 30.

2) The pre-order is charged without shipping costs, these will be charged later because they state that they do not know the exact shipping costs right now.

3) The provide an initial estimate of the shipping cost that would amount to 25 to 35 USD for shipping to the United States by sea shipping (80 to 90 USD for air shipping) and 50 to 70 USD for shipping (air shipping) to the United Kingdom. I would guess that shipping costs to continental Europe would be in the same ball park as those for the United Kingdom.

4) For comparison, I paid 65 USD in shipping for the MuSee studio Dreadnoughtus schrani model which was approximnately of the same size as the Haolonggood Alamosaurus. This large beast in the end was shipped by train all the way from China. It arrived in excellent condition and they had packed this really well.

5) Lana states that the box would have dimensions of 65 cm by 36 cm by 14 cm. This is considerably smaller than the box in which the MuSee studio Dreadnoughtus schrani model came. The latter had dimensions of 90 by 40 cm by 20 cm.

6) Lana estimates that the model would be shipped in March. I believe that Haolonggood will decide on the number of copies they produce based on the number of pre-orders they receive.

Honestly I find the price (without shipping) quite competitive. Just 15 USD more than the PNSO model and even 5 USD cheaper (from Lana) than the Haolonggood Apatosaurus. I was expecting this huge model to cost at least 150 USD without shipping. Even this would be competitive compared to resin models which for large sauropods cost 500 USD and more.

I am confident that stores like Dans Dinosaurs will arrange larger orders and then all these beast will come by sea shipping on a pallet and this will dramatically reduce the shipping costs.

thomasw100

Important update on the Haolonggood Alamosaurus. Lana Time Shop just confirmed to me by E-mail that all three variants of the Alamosaurus are indeed PVC models and that they will all have the pose shown for variant C.

dragon53

I still like the original A (top) a lot more than the new A (bottom).

I assume it's too late for Haolonggood to offer the original A.

Sim

I like the new A colour scheme the most out of all the provided Alamosaurus colourations, I just wish it was on a species I'm interested in having!  So many titanosaurians are being made nowadays and I have no interest in them.  I'm happy for those who like them though.

Lynx

I think the new A color scheme might be simplified for production reasons, but I dunno
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

I'm leaning towards the purple variant myself, I think the orange gradient is a really interesting touch.

Of course, I'll hold off on making any decision until I see the actual painted models.

SenSx

I did not think I needed an Alamosaurus, but that figure and paint scheme might make me reconsider.
What is makes this Sauropod unique or specific compare to the other titanosaurs ?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: SenSx on December 09, 2023, 06:01:50 PMI did not think I needed an Alamosaurus, but that figure and paint scheme might make me reconsider.
What is makes this Sauropod unique or specific compare to the other titanosaurs ?
It's the only titanosaur known from North America, and the only late Cretaceous sauropod found in North America iirc.

SenSx

Ok thanks

Does somone still has that HAOLONG Sauropod picture teaser for next year ?
Can't find it anymore.

thomasw100

Quote from: SenSx on December 09, 2023, 08:28:08 PMOk thanks

Does somone still has that HAOLONG Sauropod picture teaser for next year ?
Can't find it anymore.

I guess you mean this one here:

SenSx

Yes exactly thanks !
That supposed Argentinosaurus will be really huge if they stick to 1/35 scale with it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: