News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2024 - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Bread, January 04, 2024, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

PNSO 2024 - Hopes and Dreams! I'm shocked this hasn't been created yet.

PNSO have been posting artwork of Early Jurassic prehistoric life. Although this is primarily due to their "post a dinosaur pic a day for January" I would hope for any early Jurassic period dinosaurs. Especially one we have yet to receive in figure form.

If we're being realistic, the only option here that I could absolutely see getting a figure would be Lufengosaurus. Others are too tiny.

thomasw100

I would really love to get a Lufengosaurus or a Plateosaurus from PNSO. Judging from all the artwork posters included with the recently released Spinosaurus, I would think that another Spinosauroid or even several ones are quite likely. The release of two herbivore species at the end of last year gives however some hope that they may release some more herbivores again. I would particularly like an Edmontosaurus or any other hadrosaur. It has been a long while since they released the last one. Similarly, it has been quite long since they released the last ceratopsian so one of these would be most welcome as well.

Sim

I had never heard of Lukousaurus!  It's an interesting one!

I would love a Lufengosaurus from PNSO!  Others I'd like a figure of from PNSO are:

Herrerasaurus
Sinornithosaurus
Zhenyuanlong
Buitreraptor
Austroraptor
Velociraptor
Saurornithoides
Rhamphorhynchus
Chasmosaurus belli
Edmontonia rugosidens
Utahceratops
Medusaceratops
Edestus
Anchiceratops
Achelousaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

SRF

I keep repeating myself at the start of each year but I really want an Edmontosaurus annectens from PNSO. Even if it's from the Museum Line. Wouldn't mind them doing both Edmontosaurus species either after all the Tyrannosaurids they've done.

PNSO will probably continue releasing theropods this year, so I hope they give the Abelisaurids some love this time.
But today, I'm just being father

Samrukia

i know people are tired of theropods

however i hope PNSO makes dromaeosaurids

Sim

I very much hope PNSO makes dromaeosaurids! :)

Stegotyranno420

Usually, I always aksed for sauropods(in general). But now they delivered, I guess the following will be nice:

Ceratosaurus
Rajasaurus (red please)
Camarasaurus(not too big, but not small either, so not too expensive)
Dicraeosaurus^
Bajadasaurus^
Isisaurus ^
Plateosaurus
Hesperosaurus
Shantungosaurus

I would not list anything too experimental yet, since so far we mainly have dinosaurs.

Quiversaurus

New year, new hopes and dreams thread (:

It would definitely be, for me:
- Kentrosaurus (still)
- Qianzhousaurus (reworked with lips, finer scalation, 1:35 scale)
- Edmontosaurus
- Any dromaeosaurid

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 04, 2024, 04:49:41 PMCeratosaurus
Rajasaurus (red please)
Dicraeosaurus^
Bajadasaurus^
Isisaurus ^
Plateosaurus
Hesperosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Would a possible PNSO Dicraeosaurus be necessary if Haolonggood's exist? It's a pretty good model with just issues regarding the front and back "claws."

Otherwise I do agree with your entire list, majority of these are in need of a good figure.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on January 04, 2024, 05:28:32 PM
Rajasaurus (red please)
Dicraeosaurus^
Bajadasaurus^
Isisaurus ^
Plateosaurus
Hesperosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Would a possible PNSO Dicraeosaurus be necessary if Haolonggood's exist? It's a pretty good model with just issues regarding the front and back "claws."

Otherwise I do agree with your entire list, majority of these are in need of a good figure.

Forgot about that one, but any mid sized (10-25 m) sauropods are good to maintain price and size. I dont care for small ones like Magyarosaurus and Europasaurus

Sim

Rajasaurus (red please)
Dicraeosaurus^
Bajadasaurus^
Isisaurus ^
Plateosaurus
Hesperosaurus
Shantungosaurus

I would add that Safari has an excellent Camarasaurus which is a nice size.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on January 04, 2024, 07:06:50 PM
Rajasaurus (red please)
Dicraeosaurus^
Bajadasaurus^
Isisaurus ^
Plateosaurus
Hesperosaurus
Shantungosaurus

I would add that Safari has an excellent Camarasaurus which is a nice size.
True, I also forgot about that one. Though, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this figure on the smaller end? 1:40 to 1:45 scale? I'd prefer it to be a bit bigger. 

Concavenator

Deleted.

EuropaSuchus

Theropods:
Bistahieversor
Qianzhousaurus redo/Alioramus (doubt there would be both)
Asphaltovenator
Afrovenator
Concavenator
Neovenator
Some smaller therizinosaurs (Nothronychus, Segnosaurus)
Ceratosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Abelisaurid line
Utahraptor

Sauropodomorphs:
Plateosaurus
Lufengosaurus
Yunnanosaurus
Jingshanosaurus
Shunosaurus
More upright-posed Mamenchisaurus (like in Scott Hartman skeletal)
Amargasaurus redo
Bajadasaurus
Dicraeosaurus
Brachytrachelopan
Cetiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Opisthocoelicaudia
Saltasaurus
Isisaurus
Inawentu
Any Aeolosaurine

Thyreophorans:
New Miragaia or Tuojiangosaurus
Huayangosaurus
Ankylosaurus redo
Edmontonia
Tarchia
Gastonia
Anodontosaurus

Marginocephalians:
Triceratops that isn't based on problematic specimen like current one
Einiosaurus
Achelousaurus
Chasmosaurus
Vagaceratops
Spiclypeus
Regaliceratops

Ornithopods:
Edmontosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Maiasaura
Gryposaurus
Brachylophosaurus

atrashbug

So so many to choose from but I'd say my top from PNSO would be:

Utahraptor
Ceratosaurus
Majungasaurus
Cryolophosaurus
Gigantoraptor

Not a crazy list but all species I'd love to own a definitive and preferably 1/35th scale version of

suspsy

As always, I want miniatures to come back.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Quote from: Bread on January 05, 2024, 12:30:02 PM
Quote from: Sim on January 04, 2024, 07:06:50 PMI would add that Safari has an excellent Camarasaurus which is a nice size.
True, I also forgot about that one. Though, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this figure on the smaller end? 1:40 to 1:45 scale? I'd prefer it to be a bit bigger. 
It's 1:40 scale but still a very big figure.

Concavenator

It seems the first 2024 PNSO figure will be revealed in the next few days.

Bet that's when the "New for 2024" sub-board will be created, even though it's been mentioned already in other threads. Perhaps it's gone unnoticed!

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on January 06, 2024, 12:01:32 AMIt seems the first 2024 PNSO figure will be revealed in the next few days.

Bet that's when the "New for 2024" sub-board will be created, even though it's been mentioned already in other threads. Perhaps it's gone unnoticed!

Oh, where can I find the info/mentions about this next release please? (:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: