You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Zombie T-Rex "Cannibal Corpse"

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, September 08, 2023, 06:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

New WIP images from Rebor's FB .  Looks pretty killer.  I'm hoping for a couple versions, fresh/bloody and an older mummy looking one myself. Originally I think it was said they would be out by Halloween?

Over9K

CityRaptor

Welcome to Jurassic Park of the Dead!

Because that is clearly Zombie Rexy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bread

Looks pretty interesting and I bet it's a first of its kind in terms of a quality model like this.

My question/concern would be how well this sells? It's a Tyrannosaurus but are people going to want a "zombie rex"?

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

I really like the claws included! It's not my thing, but great art as usual from REBOR!
An oversized house cat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on September 08, 2023, 12:12:47 PMLooks pretty interesting and I bet it's a first of its kind in terms of a quality model like this.

My question/concern would be how well this sells? It's a Tyrannosaurus but are people going to want a "zombie rex"?

I think so.  Zombies/undead are pretty popular as is Halloween.  So a product marketed to both and fans of dinosaurs seems very attractive. I know Dracolichs/undead dragons are very popular in DnD and I think there are dinosaurs somewhere in that franchise too. It certainly gives me some ideas in terms of diorama building.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Lynx on September 08, 2023, 01:25:40 PMI really like the claws included! It's not my thing, but great art as usual from REBOR!

lol it's a neat little tip of the hat those hands. "The King is dead, long live the King" indeed.  ;D

Fossilized-Rubber

For those of you unable or unwilling to operate google:

A photo of the complete sculpt.

A cool video showing how the mouth parts work:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq7-AWoOgSH/?ref=sacglobalheader

I imagine this will be appealing to fans of DnD's "Tomb of Annihilation", which has a zombie t-rex that roams the island of Chult.

Digital painting by Mike Daarken Lim
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe even fans of the Primeval zombie episode..

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on September 08, 2023, 12:12:47 PMLooks pretty interesting and I bet it's a first of its kind in terms of a quality model like this.

Reminds me of the XenoRex... only I might get this one...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on September 09, 2023, 03:17:11 PM

Reminds me of the XenoRex... only I might get this one...

I bought both versions of the xenorex myself. lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Rebor released images of the Jungle version / Green Rex with Spino arm  Preorders open this week

Stegotyranno420

Its sculpted well, but people are into this stuff? No offense, but wow, thats gnarly.

Takama

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 17, 2024, 07:46:54 PMIts sculpted well, but people are into this stuff? No offense, but wow, thats gnarly.

I know there is a Short Story called HELL CREEK. Thats litterly a Zombie Apocolyse story told through the eyes of a Ankylosaurus and a Triceratops, during an zombie apicolyse after the KT meteor strike.  The book take place litterly in the Hell Creek formation, and among the zombified dinosaurs, are T.rexs.   while i have not read it, i did see a break down on youtube, and these models remind me of it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Zombies in general are popular, Marvel Zombies, Walking Dead, no end to those examples really.  Halloween is the 2nd biggest holiday of the year. Dinosaur zombies while rarer are out there. DnD, comics, heck one of the most popular episodes of Primeval was the zombie one.

I have this neat piece Melissa Frankford sent me one year of a zombie T-Rex.

Point is there does seem to be a market.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Takama on January 18, 2024, 12:41:42 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 17, 2024, 07:46:54 PMIts sculpted well, but people are into this stuff? No offense, but wow, thats gnarly.

I know there is a Short Story called HELL CREEK. Thats litterly a Zombie Apocolyse story told through the eyes of a Ankylosaurus and a Triceratops, during an zombie apicolyse after the KT meteor strike.  The book take place litterly in the Hell Creek formation, and among the zombified dinosaurs, are T.rexs.   while i have not read it, i did see a break down on youtube, and these models remind me of it.
Ah yes, saw in Dino diego

need4swede

- Swede

suspsy

I feel like this product would have been much better received back in 2012 when The Walking Dead was the most popular show on television and World War Z was a bestselling novel with a movie in the works. Zombies certainly aren't the hot commodity they used to be.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on January 19, 2024, 06:39:14 PMI feel like this product would have been much better received back in 2012 when The Walking Dead was the moat popular show on television and World War Z was a bestselling novel with a movie in the works. Zombies certainly aren't the hot commodity they used to be.
The Last of Us was a pretty big hit recently. I'd say it's definitely a decreasing entertainment product, but it's certainly still got some of its popularity.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: