You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Palaeontologist Accused of Stealing From Museum

Started by suspsy, March 24, 2024, 08:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

De Palma I could see pulling such a thing, but Horner? He's got his shortcomings, but theft ain't one of them.

Eatmycar

I just don't understand why someone would do such a terrible thing! You're literally robbing the world of knowledge by stealing this stuff.

Hell, what's the point? Who can he brag to?

Torvosaurus

Quote from: Eatmycar on March 25, 2024, 02:15:36 AMI just don't understand why someone would do such a terrible thing! You're literally robbing the world of knowledge by stealing this stuff.

Hell, what's the point? Who can he brag to?

I agree with you 100%. But I don't think he was worried about bragging about it. My guess is he was likely looking to sell them on the black market. Depending on what they are, a lot of money can be made quickly by selling them off.

Torvo

Libraraptor

I can't understand that while the article neither says something about Horner nor about Da Palma, their names are popping up here. What is the reason?

Takama

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 25, 2024, 05:52:11 AMI can't understand that while the article neither says something about Horner nor about Da Palma, their names are popping up here. What is the reason?

All I know about Horner is that he had some Funny buisness back in 2019 with a 19 year old

As for Da Palma..someone correct me if im mistaken, but his controversys involve Dakotaraptor and it being a chimera?

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on March 25, 2024, 07:08:10 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 25, 2024, 05:52:11 AMI can't understand that while the article neither says something about Horner nor about Da Palma, their names are popping up here. What is the reason?

All I know about Horner is that he had some Funny buisness back in 2019 with a 19 year old

As for Da Palma..someone correct me if im mistaken, but his controversys involve Dakotaraptor and it being a chimera?

De Palma is guilty of far worse than that. Frankly, I think he should have been found guilty of committing fraud. 

https://www.science.org/content/article/dino-extinction-researcher-committed-research-misconduct-not-fraud-university-report

Bowhead Whale

It is very possible he is guilty. Not that I know him (I do not) but scientists can really act like children sometimes. They have been found stealing discoveries from each other, going into a race of "who discovers the highest number of fossils", defending crazy theories like "Animals have no mental capacities and cannot feel pain" (remember that one?) or "men act by logics and women act by emotions", treating other peaople like analphebetic ignorants, causing extinctions of species by wanting to own stuffed specimens or eggs...

Scientists are humans. Just humans. Don't put them on a piedestal like I once did. Beccause if you do, you will be heading for a huge surprise. And not a positive one...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.