You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

I liked the first pic with all 4 Brachs.
However, I'm not sure about the caption bellow : "  gold wash (1988-90), gray (1989) " ...
I really thought  " ... gold wash 1988, gray 1989-90 ..."
but, what do I know ...

BrontoScorpio

Some more bits here and there ...

Just an addition to my AQUATALES - Polystone model ( アクアテイルズ - ポリストーン ) - forest Frog - I don't think I'll take it out of the box soon ...

Some Neko sharks - but they are no match to my QAUALAND sharks ...
It's not Resin - but tiny sharks are always nice to have ...

Triceratops big and heavy Keychain -

Joining my old Rex Keychain.
The set is Probably of the 'National science museum' - can't find just now where I wrote the documentation for it back in this thread ...

Torvosaurus

That's some cool stuff. Those keychains would make a great front lid for a pocket watch. I'd trade my flying ducks watch for a t-rex.

Torvo

Dinoguy2

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 02, 2024, 08:03:28 PMI liked the first pic with all 4 Brachs.
However, I'm not sure about the caption bellow : "  gold wash (1988-90), gray (1989) " ...
I really thought  " ... gold wash 1988, gray 1989-90 ..."
but, what do I know ...

I'm not 100% sure about that, but at this point it's the most likely scenario IMO. There are a lot of different variations of the gold leg version including changes to the mold (centered copyright text vs. left-aligned) and different hues used for the body paint (dark gray, lighter gray, brown, some actually blue). It must have been in production for a while, and it shows up in catalogs from 1988 through 1990. The gray version only appears in the 1988/1989 catalog and I've never seen any variations. I would guess it is actually the first one since it most closely matches the prototype photos. But it has left-aligned copyright text, and people have reported buying the gold wash version in 1988. It's possible the left vs. centered text were in production concurrently at different factories. I've also never heard of the gray version being sold outside Germany. Might have been part of a Schleich-specific production run as the line was getting started.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

BrontoScorpio

Another small medal :
Special Exhibition The OCEAN -The Origin of Life -  from the Tokyo National Museum of Nature and Science ( Sea Exhibition )
(  国立科学博物館  海展  - 会場限定    記念メダル )

The Expo held few months ago :

Whales are my favorits - here's how the exhibition look like :

Some other corners :

Makes me remember my hard to get Favorite desktop Humpback whale :

BrontoScorpio

Some more special coins ...

Another medal from the Tokyo 'National science museum' - both sides

Joining the silver version that I got before -

Also this one :
Okazaki (  おかざき )  Museum of World Children's Art ( 世界子ども美術博物館  ) Triceratops commemorative medal (  トリケラトプス 記念メダル )  -

It seems they use the same figure for different events -
It's the same as they do with the T-rex case.

That was 2 events - one coin.

And here is something different -
The Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum ( 福井県立恐竜博物館 ) medal :

In this case - one event and two coins - they made a new version for the original coin -

Inside my Aliexpress coin holders -

BrontoScorpio

Last bunch of coins I received in This Lot - is also my favorite -

The last to my growing collection of Tokyo National Science Museum 'Dinosaur key holder' -

恐竜キーホルダー                    <dinosaur key holder>  :

ステゴサウルス                <Stegosaurus>
〈ジュラ紀後期〉                    <Late Jurassic>
〈約1億5000万年前〉              <Approximately 150 million years ago>
〈国立科学博物館〉                <National Science Museum>
〈東京 上野〉                      <Tokyo Ueno>

My collection so far :

I know I still miss at least one to the complete set :

- Iguanodon ( イグアノドン )
- I don't suppose someone here can help me with that (?) ...

EmperorDinobot

BrontoScorpio

Thanks -
so what's left is for the final display -

All Medals & Coins are gathered in the Favorite Desktop special statues shelf :

With some Neon Light -

BrontoScorpio

You've been busy of late, my friend ...

Yes I was  :)

My home workshop has been particularly productive during this march, in assembling all these kits, some of which had been waiting for almost a year ...

BrontoScorpio

No interest there , anyone ?
The Hobbit meme , where all these kits came from , what with that secret spot ? ...
OK, no one - so moving on.

Flaffy

Congrats on the Bandai set! I'm very excited to receive mines as well. Seam lines are surprisingly obvious on the rex.

BrontoScorpio

4 new capsule figures from Japan :

Originated from a Gachpobn vending machine - insert a coin - there goes out your capsule : 

Bandai (  バンダイ ) Illustrated Encyclopedia of Creatures (  いきもの大図鑑 ) Display Model Collection (  ディスプレイモデルコレクション )  Dinosaur 01 (  恐竜01 )
Prototype: Takeuchi  Shinzen (  原型 : 竹内しんぜん )

The latest dinosaurs capsule set that is among the numerous capsules sold as Gachepon capsules -

The round display stands gives it some ellegance - as it resembles a wooden base -

Well, it is a much better quality than my Bandai 'Gakken illustrated Book' (  学研の図鑑 ) Figure Series ( フィギュアシリーズ )  Dinosaur from 2003 -
not to mention the Bandai Dinosaur Scene Record (Eating Chapter) バンダイ 恐竜情景録(喰の章) - which I even did not bother buying.
or, as the matter of fact, all other Bandai Dinosaurs , even those Bandai's I really like.

With two other small PVC T-rex & Triceratops prototyped by SHINZEN - Sega Vignetteum Great dinosaurs -

And with 3  other display stand dinosaurs - Four Corporation 'Capsule Dinosaur Figure' -

Waiting now for the next set - Dinosaur 02 -

BrontoScorpio

Decided to loose the circular stand - looks more natural this way ...

It is also much more space efficient on the shelf like that :

BrontoScorpio

A new colorful Box arrived :

Up close :

Opened it :

24 small packages inside :

Topps 'Dinosaur toy with candy eggs' from 1988 :

There I went opening them one by one from the 1st to the 24th ...

Who wants some 36 y/o candies ? ...

I do hope I scored all 12 kinds - especially those I still miss -

Lined up all 24 of them - apparently I got 10 kinds :

With the 6 I got earlier :

It seems this new acquizition awarded me with 4 new kinds in total :

4 new kinds out of 24 blind bags :

OK, so making all 30 of them aligned - and choose my selected group for display -

The brown group - 8 kinds out of 12 -

The Gray group - 8 kinds out of 12 -

The Green group - 7 kinds out of 12 -

I'll try selecting all 10 kinds I have with litle as possible color switches -

- mostly brown :

- mostly Gray :

- Mostly Green :

I think I chose my winning combination :

And onto the Shelf :

The new look of my small monochrome shelf :

Ludodactylus

Those are really charming! I'm not going to volunteer for those candies however. I remember being given a pack of Super Mario bubble gum cards in 1993 that almost left me toothless.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

crazy8wizard

The candy eggs look like those smarties/rockets candies, so they would probably taste the same now as they did 36 years ago; like sand.

BrontoScorpio

Come to think of it - it'll be an interesting experience to put those poisonous looking candies in a large bowl at my main office floor capeteeria -
and then listen carefully for screams coming out from there :)) ...

Libraraptor

CityRaptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 20, 2024, 07:34:10 PMCome to think of it - it'll be an interesting experience to put those poisonous looking candies in a large bowl at my main office floor capeteeria -
and then listen carefully for screams coming out from there :)) ...

You know, they are probably as healthy now as they were 36 years ago...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: