News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Lately I find myself uneasy with the general 'Recent Acquisitions' thread.

Maybe because of the same Papo, CollectA's , Vitae's, Chinasaurs, etc. - that keep repeating themselves there -
figures that anyone can buy at his own will at the next store.
Moreover, I can definately not relate to all those action figures, toy-like figures and imaginary soldiers riding dinos ( JP/JW etc. ).
Maybe I'm wrong  - but I don't think it used to be  like that 2-3 years ago in a way that leave no space for more obscure findings.

And, as much as this reminds me of myself not so long ago and as much as the last thing I want is to discourage young enthusiastics in their early stages of dino collecting -
I feel like I no longer can find my place there. not anymore. ( And what of all those Elephants, Rhinos and Tigers ? ... :)  )
Maybe the world DO belong to the young ones ...

So, After a small Introduction -
This is my thread for my newest dino hunting finds.
I added some old 'Recent Acquisitions' from the past.
All my future finds that are worth mentioning - will be added here after.

Enjoy !
Comment away !
please Try using 'REPLY' and avoid 'QUOTE' as much as possible - will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 30, 2017, 12:03:25 PM
Archeive :
I've been looking for this one for quite a while :
In the words of other DTF members :
"I really like the calm pose and general demeanor ... Proof that not only sauropods can be graceful ...".
"...The relatively relaxed posture, unhurried gait, and glossy eyes all contribute to a very pleasant piece that is both striking and soothing at the same time.
...It remains one of the most pleasing pieces available for the refined theropod enthusiast."

Dinostoreus Allosaurus Resin 1/35 desktop model by Shane Foulkes

Also got another Discontinued one of the same line, not as rare and sought after, but still a jewel on its own :

Dinostoreus Amargasaurus Resin 1/35 desktop model

BrontoScorpio

BrontoScorpio

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on October 01, 2017, 09:56:10 AM
Archeive :
The last 3 items I still missed, of the 1996 ver. Battat, have arrived -
That Acro. was especially hard to find :

Now finally my Battat collection is complete.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 22, 2017, 07:44:42 PM
Archeive :
Some vintage stuff just arrived :

BrontoScorpio

I just got a huge Tsukuda Hobby Brachiosaurus when the Topic of what is the biggest Brac. has been raised :

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 14, 2018, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on January 14, 2018, 03:44:02 PM
The Brachiosaurus is around 31" tall, I dont think there are many other models bigger than it.
Archeive :
31'' ! - That's about the height of my 'Tsukuda Hobby' 1/10 ( should be actually 1/16 ) Brachiosaurus ( 78 cm tall ).
Look at the picture below : This is mine ( If you'r not happy I'm posting pics on your thread - I'll delete it ).

I wonder -  Now, when we know the PNSO is off the table - Which of the four Brachs is the biggest :
- Kaiyodo DINOLAND
- Horizon
- Tsukuda Hobby
- Tamiya

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 12, 2018, 01:45:01 PM
Archeive :
Usualy I am not a big fan of SIDESHOW Dinosauria -
I find many of their statues to be disturbing and grim :
The Carnivores are too ferocious and the Herbivores are all seem to be having a rough time -
they have this expression of constant agony on their faces, like they go through realy hard life.
moreover, some are presented as too fat ( and even seem to be aware of it .. :) ).
In general, one may say that many of their statues are just too big and/or too scary to be positively accepted into a private home.

That is why I have been searching in candles, with no avail, for a very long time,  for this particular statue : A pair of nesting/courting Dilophosaurs Diorama.

I find it very plesent to the eye :
In contrast to most other SIDESHOW dinos and unlike most cases where a Dilophosaurus is displayed with gaping mouth, open claws, and burning eyes -
You can appreciate the calm and peaceful manner in which those two animals conduct themselves :
Like two big birds gently staring at each other, in a most lovely Diorama scene.
I think this is one of the rarest of the SIDESHOW Dinosauria statues and I'm very happy to have finally gotten a hold of it.

Take a look :

Shonisaurus

Brontoscorpio, I congratulate you on the new acquisitions. Especially with regard to the dinosaurs of Battat, they are perhaps the best that has been made in the toy market in my opinion and some real collectors figures. I'm glad you're completing the collection.  :)

BrontoScorpio

Jose S.M.

BrontoScorpio

Thanks.
I am soon to make my collection thread.
these are, after all, just few sample requizitions..

PhilSauria

Just scrolling down this page - I always get envious when I see a picture of the Battat Triceratops, more so than the Diplodocus. My main focus is Sauropods (closely followed by Ceratopsians and Plesiosaurs) but I feel there's a very slim outside chance of someday acquiring the Triceratops but I'm sure I'll never see the Diplod in my hands! Still, always fun to see what other collectors have been able to get hold of.

BrontoScorpio

Actually, it seems the Battat Diplodocus is not that rare -
come to think of it - I think I saw it on ebay the past year more than I saw any other Battat.
but, the price won't go down - so, I'm sure you'll be able to own it befor the end of this year -
but, you'll probablybe be forced to give up 200$ or so.

As for the Battat Triceratops -
I think I have a 2nd one somewhere hidden.
be probably offer it for trade when I sort my collection.

PhilSauria

I guess seeing something online and seeing the amount the seller wants for it is about where I make the distinction between availability and not. There is a limit that I will pay for these figures and that one usually falls outside of it. Definitely interested in that Battat Triceratops!, now if a trade is in the offing I have to think about what I could part with!
Please send me a PM if this plays out towards a trade by all means.

BrontoScorpio

Got last weekend a marvelous little package.
In it were two figures I was searching for quite a while :

1. The World's Largest Pterosaur Exhibition ( 世界最大の翼竜展 ) venue Limited Museum Model ( ミュージアムモデル ) Carolata ( カロラータ  ) Quetzalcoatlus ( ケツァルコアトルス ).
I think it was held in Osaka, Japan in 2007
( An example reference : Blog visit )

Got it with the Original stand and title :

Now I can say my Colorata collection is complete -
I got all figures worth having, to my taste, of that line  -
Small Coelurosaurs, Dromeosaurs, Raptors and Pterosaurs, Also some lovely coloreful figures from the Discontinued eddition.

BrontoScorpio

2. Fukui Dinosaur Museum ( 福井県立恐竜博物館  ) Special Exhibition ( 特別展 ) Dinosaur Egg ( 恐竜の卵 ) Venue Limited  ( 会場限定 ) figure Troodon ( トロオドン  ) , sculpted by Kazunari Araki ( 荒木一成 ), produced by Favorite co. ( フェバリット ).
It was just recently held at the "Nagoya City Science Museum" ( now moving to 'Osaka Museum of Natural History').

for reference :
- Exhibition publication & shop
- From the Artist's Blog

As soon as you open the carefully packed box you come to realize you stumbled upon quality.
Although very small - this resin model is packed with fine details, what makes it even more impressive.

Mother Troodon herself is looking down in care at one of her newly hatched young, who, in turn glancing back at her with expectation.
It might resemble a large bird at its nest if not for the Teeth' lips an cheeks the Troodon has -
which make it a much more expressible as it tenderly guards it's Eggs.

I find this particular posture both Emotional but also somewhat heart breaking, since it reminds me too much the last episode of 'Dinosaur Revolution' -
where a Troodon couple was not able to defend it's clutch of Eggs :

( From  Dinosaur Revolution Episode 4: End Game  )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_szZ4PI9-Zk

The figure itself is Surprisingly small - but, maybe that is exactly the purpose in Venue limited figures -

you have to be able to place it on top of your computer desk or the shelf above it, with little effort.
Just to see how small it is - I added a comparison pics with two well known friends
( And please don't start getting excited with the Battat etc. - they are just guests in this post ...  ;)   ) :

UK

Wonderful items and a tantalising insight into your collection. Looking forward to seeing the full catalogue of your items in the promised thread.

Roselaar

So many great and fabulous figures! Excellent collection! :)

Shonisaurus

By the way Brontoscorpio How much is the quetzalcoatlus special and limited model of Colorata? From what I've seen on that link, it's done at 1:40 scale.  :o

On the other hand Brontoscorpio I congratulate you for this excellent collection.  :)

BrontoScorpio

Thank you all for your kind comments.
The Quetzalcoatlus is definatly 1/40 , as the box says, in an earlier post :

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4150.msg194822#msg194822

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.