You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fossilized-Rubber

I'm sure it was a simple misunderstanding.

Back on topic: I'm really enamoured by those museum models being recognised with official models! That seems like a really nice way to commemorate them being made.

How many shelves would you say you have now?
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 10, 2024, 12:50:29 AMDude, that was a comment on my madness for fish,..
Yeah, sure.  Dude

BrontoScorpio

Latest addition to my Age of Dinosaur ( エイジオブダイナソー  ) Chocolate boxes collection :

along side the old version :

BrontoScorpio

A new 27cm 3D printer 10 pieces kit from last Wonder Festival ( ワンフェス ) :

Maip Macrothorax ( マイプ・マクロソラックス ), That's a mouthful ...
The biggest of the Mega-Raptors, apparently there is such a group ... ( never known them when I was a kid )

All built up now :

I gave it a small up angle towards the exhibitioned side :

Here with a smaller Australian friend.
As south America and australia were joined - maybe they even knew each other in person ...

CityRaptor

Huh? Interesting, the color scheme suggested on the box looks a lot like the Megaraptor made by Mattel for their Jurassic World Dominion toyline:
https://dinotoyblog.com/megaraptor-jurassic-world-roar-strikers-by-mattel/
Of course more detailed and with painted claws.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SenSx

BrontoScorpio

Another Resin kit to my set of 'Scratch model collection' by 'Post hobby' to Afterman by Dougal Dixon -

Now all built up :

The MUD-GULPER - with some resemblance to the manatee :

Greetings from the other two :

I don't suppose I be getting any other soon - as those are so hard to find -
I took the opportunity to have a common shot of all my creatures from the future , along with 'The Future is wild' bunch -

Libraraptor

Wow, you can´t imagine of how fond I am for these figures/models, both from "After Man" and "The Future is Wild"! However, they are far out of my range in terms of availability and payment. :-[ As are the "Dinosaurs Of China" figures, for example, as well.

BrontoScorpio

LOL ...
The 'Afterman's are not extremely expensive -
they are just very very rare, even in Japan itself - and are impractical to try and get elsewhere.

Whereas the 'Future' figures can be found on ebay for about a dozen USD each

Libraraptor

Ah sorry, I meant "Dawn of the dinosaurs", not "Dinosaurs of China' ::) Their Exaeretodon is as rare as a talking turtle.

As to the TFIW figures, they may not be that expensive themselves, but the postage from Japan is horrendous.

BrontoScorpio

Another Wonder Festival ( ワンフェス) Kit :

T-rex Resin cast kit by 'C.S.Model Design'

All cleaned Glued and in pose :

Having struggled this Kit for a while - It is very satisfactory seeing the outcome of one's efforts roaring from up close at the world -

This pose reminds me the Soft Favorite Tarbosaurus  -

And I do actualy think it's the same model as the Qualia 1st wave
As same Artists are involved - as in the 2nd wave -    

With it's previous 'Moon Art Design' product - Saurolophus  -

And all last year's Festival kits -

BrontoScorpio

I don't take much notice these days for mass produced PVC toys -
But I couldn't resist gathering up a small herd of the old brown Safari Carnegies :

But there was one figure I was hunting all this time despite of what I just said -
Knowing I would only go for the original version - and not for any other -

I don't usually consider any PVC Toy as 'rare' ( except for the obvious WWD Ornithocheirus ) -
But I just couldn't get this one -
5 or 6 years ago I lost one at the last momoent on eBay ... thinking there would come another at a saner price -
And ever since, no matter how many different kinds of searchs I saved - no other appeared
( save for one or two inside a ridiculously gigantic Lot ).
And it really is strange - I sure did not expect that -
Maybe because I was unable to search US garage sales or different places, other than eBay.

So there it is -
The Original Safari Carnegie Gray\Gold-wash Brachiosaurus - also in collaboration with Schleich -

The Original Gray Apatosaurus was waiting many years for him to join -

My group of Original 1988 Carnegies ( I think the Trike color version is of a later edition )

With some other 'old timer' Brachs -

Now the task I was dreading from - How the hell will I ever be able to find enough space for this huge new behemoth of mine ? ...

Well,it appears to resemble one's morning toothpaste - you can always give it a one last squeeze...

But the Acrylic shelf from above needed to have been evacuated, taken off and drilled a hole through ...

And finaly, everything is put back in its place :

Fossilized-Rubber

Cutting the hole in the shelf is hilarious. I'm 100% subscribed.
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

Libraraptor

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Fossilized-Rubber on March 04, 2024, 04:51:14 PMCutting the hole in the shelf is hilarious. I'm 100% subscribed.
LOL ...
I'm glad to have been able to amuse ( and not for the 1st time this month ... )

So, Her's another one -
Soon after I started collecting, before I knew much, I found the Papo line as very appealing and much realistic than any other line I saw.
Not soon enough I had a full shelf of them :

As it got crowded - it's not hard to notice the bulk of the animal's' 'volume' concentrates at the lower 20 cm - and the top segment is mostly empty -

So, it's a pity not to use the extra space - just for the sake of the Brachiosaurus' long neck
( Here from an old Archeive pic ) -
and the 1st hole was curved :

Years later, when I turned my attention to vintage collectibles -  I have found the perfect line to occupy the top space -

'Starlux' is ideal for the other Top 12 cm - and is also French ...

Even the big Brach is smiling at them, right there in the middle -

painstakingly collected them all, sent from France few at a time - even picked up few Starlux trees -

Until I got them all ( Excluding Mammals which I do not collect ) - marked in Red -

Up close Left -

Up-close right ( And the Brach is ever present ... ) -

Higgins1996

Hello, I am looking for a favorite Iguanodon 1950.
I'm willing to pay top dollar.
If you are interested, please let me know.

Best regards
Dominik
[email protected]

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Higgins1996 on March 10, 2024, 06:34:49 PMHello, I am looking for a favorite Iguanodon 1950. ...
Yes, I have it.
Two were bought from a store in Netherland called Ad-Mineraal.
But I'm not looking to sell - As I have exactly the 3 I wanted.

Higgins1996

OK, thank you.
If you want to sell, I would be willing to pay a very good price.
I am only looking for the iguanodon 1950 Burian style.
Please remember me, if you change your mind.

Bye Dominik

Blackdanter

I'm not a huge fan of Safari figures. Some years ago I weeded them out of my collection and donated them all to a local primary school. The weird thing is that since I started sorting through my collection in the loft, I've found loads of them and I've softened towards them a bit since and acquired some of the more recent ones.

Cutting a hole in the shelf is genius but it reminds me of the time my wife bought a ridiculously huge Christmas tree. Being the dutiful husband, it was my job to bring it indoors and place it in the room. Out of passive resistance and, to make a point, I cut the top off to make it fit so that it looked like it was growing through the ceiling. I don't think I'll ever be forgiven for it!   

SidB

Quote from: Blackdanter on March 12, 2024, 10:37:13 AMI'm not a huge fan of Safari figures. Some years ago I weeded them out of my collection and donated them all to a local primary school. The weird thing is that since I started sorting through my collection in the loft, I've found loads of them and I've softened towards them a bit since and acquired some of the more recent ones.

Cutting a hole in the shelf is genius but it reminds me of the time my wife bought a ridiculously huge Christmas tree. Being the dutiful husband, it was my job to bring it indoors and place it in the room. Out of passive resistance and, to make a point, I cut the top off to make it fit so that it looked like it was growing through the ceiling. I don't think I'll ever be forgiven for it!   
Maybe you should have kept the top and installed it on the floor above the tree, avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter, as a sort of peace offering. Cutting a hole in the floor probably wouldn't have helped matters, unless you both wanted to later become auxiliary firefighters. In any case, I admire your creativity.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: