News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 15, 2024, 03:42:10 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 15, 2024, 02:22:46 PMWhile I doubt the final product will look as nice, this serves as a very strong base for a mass produced paint scheme. The orange-yellow plates will surely look striking! Glad to see improvements in manus anatomy as well with only 2 clawed digits.

I reckon this will be the definitive S. ungulatus on the market. Should display quite nicely alongside the PNSO S. stenops.

What would you actually say about the size? Stegosaurus ungulatus was obviously larger than stenops, but how much larger is realistic? I have seen figures of about 8 to 8.5 meters, but some claim 9 meters.
The most reasonable size extimate I saw is lesser than 8 meters or sightly larger than 8 meters (due to the fact that, as you can see, the holotype's femora are of different lenghts): https://www.deviantart.com/randomdinos/art/Stegosaurus-stenops-skeletal-reconstruction-907427119
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Dino Scream3232

Recently visited the newly renovated Yale Peabody museum when the Stegosaurus ungulatus holotype is displayed. I've seen 5 specimens of Stegosaurus in the last 18 months. 4 of them S.stenops. S.ungulatus YPM 1853 is a massive animal. It makes S.stenops looks small. Only one I saw close to its size is Denver Museum "Kessler" Stego. I'm 5'8" and the Peabody specimen looks me in the eye.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gastonia looks pretty good.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on May 15, 2024, 02:04:03 PM

From Paleofiguras.

This S. ungulatus looks wonderful. I was a little apprehensive of the colour scheme and whether it would work, but this patterning is quite a breath of fresh air. Can't wait for in-hand comparisons with PNSO's S. stenops!

As for the Maiasaura discussion, can anyone post a link to the updated paper describing the hornlets/ridge please? I've never come across it and would like to read further. Thanks in advance!

thomasw100

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 16, 2024, 07:01:37 AM

Gastonia looks pretty good.

As per Paleofiguras, there is also a brown version.

Ambre

That green one looks amazing

Paleo Flo

The green is indeed the droid you're looking for... nicer-dicer HLG!
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Carnoking

Can't wait to see more photos of these and the Maiasaura!

Flaffy

The yellow Gastonia reminds me of this artwork by TrefRex. Since I'm getting the grey Euoplocephalus, I might just go for the yellow Gastonia to compliment it.

SidB

Quote from: Ambre on May 16, 2024, 09:50:25 AMThat green one looks amazing
This will definitely retire my Schleich one.

thomasw100

My Mamenchisaurus (brown variant) has arrived. What a beauty I have to say. Slowly but surely the most iconic sauropods are coming together.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: thomasw100 on May 16, 2024, 12:07:53 PMMy Mamenchisaurus (brown variant) has arrived. What a beauty I have to say. Slowly but surely the most iconic sauropods are coming together.

Congrats! Mine is still "on route"
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Daspletodave

I'll be getting the green Gastonia.  The diarrhea brown version does nothing for me.

Ludodactylus

I think the stegosaurus is going to be a must-get for me.

The Gastonia is also a really attractive figure, and this is definitely one of those cases where a good looking toy makes me want to learn more about the animal - I had no idea that the species was only discovered in 1998.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

thomasw100

I would guess that the Gastonia may even be the next model to be released. The pictures that started to circulate today clearly show the final product, whereas the Stegosaurus appears to be still a prototype or resin version. Not sure about the Maiasaura, but it looked like a prototype as well. However, both the Gastonia and the Maiasaura pictures appeared on the official Haolonggood Instagram account, whereas the Stegosaurus did not.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on May 16, 2024, 11:47:02 AM
Quote from: Ambre on May 16, 2024, 09:50:25 AMThat green one looks amazing
This will definitely retire my Schleich one.

Likewise but for my CollectA one. The little brown guy's had a good long run in my collection.

thomasw100

Now we got more pictures of the Stegosaurus as per Paleofiguras:

Pliosaurking

That Gastonia looks great, especially the green one. The maisaura looks nice as well. Honestly I don't which of the stegosaurus are my favourite, probably either the first or fourth variant.

Carnoking

Four variants to choose from now? My goodness.

bmathison1972

I'll be getting the Gastonia for sure, as I don't have that genus yet. So far, I don't have a color preference.

The Stegosaurus I am unsure of. It's a different species that Safari's 'Sofie' figure but not sure I need two species of Stegosaurus. We'll see...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: