You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex "Cream" Mountain Ver. (Vastatosaurus rex)

Started by blnadal, July 10, 2024, 01:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

I passed on their version one, I passed on both of Nanmu's versions, but this... this will probably land itself on my shelf.

I think this first photo really captures the likeness of Peter Jackson's V. rex

Quote from: blnadal on July 10, 2024, 01:56:07 PM

Pliosaurking

I'm quite excited for this, I've also been waiting for a V Rex that really captures the likeness of the movie one.

Bread

I believe it might be a combination of the Juvenile and Bull, since I believe it was confirmed that the V. rexes shown were younger than their usual adult counterparts in the film?

Halichoeres

Returning to their roots with unauthorized reproductions of movie characters, I see.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the expression on the face, but is it more accurate than the Nanmu Dragon Soul version?

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 10, 2024, 10:02:32 PMReturning to their roots with unauthorized reproductions of movie characters, I see.

That is so not fair as most of our releases are original designs. Yutyrannus? Ceratosaurus? Utahraptor? Theropod&Sauropod nests? Acrocanthosaurus? Tenontosaurus? Dimorphodon? Deinonychus? Carnotaurus? Tylosaurus proriger skeleton? Lourinhanosaurus hatchling skeleton? If we are talking about "roots" then those are our first few releases you know.

Bread

Speaking of Yutyrannus, and I don't want to get too off topic from the V-rex, but is your Yutyrannus still in the works?

Carnoking

Man, they sure cooked with this one. Between two (soon to be three) Nanmu offerings and REBOR's OG, I think I'll be pretty full up on V. rex figures.
That said, I don't think any of them have been a perfect 1:1 recreation of any of the film designs but they certainly capture the broader design elements. Plus, given the variation we see in the 3 film designs, I can accept some deviation in the models.
I can't tell from these photos but does it sport the three fingers?

Halichoeres

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 11, 2024, 08:13:07 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 10, 2024, 10:02:32 PMReturning to their roots with unauthorized reproductions of movie characters, I see.

That is so not fair as most of our releases are original designs. Yutyrannus? Ceratosaurus? Utahraptor? Theropod&Sauropod nests? Acrocanthosaurus? Tenontosaurus? Dimorphodon? Deinonychus? Carnotaurus? Tylosaurus proriger skeleton? Lourinhanosaurus hatchling skeleton? If we are talking about "roots" then those are our first few releases you know.

As though that's the most damning part of my post.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Over9K

Cream is up for pre-order on BBTS, revealing the second colorway, a Dinosaur Resurrection reference...

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a cool coloration, I have it on my Rebor Grab and Go Rex though.

Ivántirrophus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.