News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

Quote from: crazy8wizard on June 15, 2024, 06:18:02 PMI could use some help comparing sizes, so does anyone here have any of the following figures to compare side by side?

-Mojo Dunkleosteus or Colorata Dunkleosteus
-Schleich Kentrosaurus or Collecta Dacentrurus
-Papo Plesiosaurus or Carnegie Elasmosaurus

They don't have to be all together of course, but if anyone here has at least two figures of any of the three tiers on this list it would help me out a lot

Discord message me tonight but I have the Papo plesiosaurus and the Carnegie Elasmo!

Dilopho

Does anybody have comparisons of the Haolonggood Alamosaurus and EoFauna T. rex?

Justin_

Can anyone sort me out with a picture of all the PNSO mini ceratopsians?
I've only got the Spinops and I'd like to know which other one(s) have the closest body size and shape to the Spinops for a possible conversion project. Heads aren't important as that's what would be modified.
A top-down shot would be extra helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dilopho on July 03, 2024, 11:08:52 PMDoes anybody have comparisons of the Haolonggood Alamosaurus and EoFauna T. rex?

I feel like people buy one or the other but not both!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on July 03, 2024, 11:08:52 PMDoes anybody have comparisons of the Haolonggood Alamosaurus and EoFauna T. rex?

09:55 you can see size comparision.

Bread

Some comparisons no one asked for, but felt might be useful.

Note: Only modifications done are Gorgosaurus, Albertosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus. Lips and improved crests, otherwise original colors. Besides the fully repainted Diplodocus.

Lynx

Quote from: Bread on July 14, 2024, 02:20:03 AMSome comparisons no one asked for, but felt might be useful.

Note: Only modifications done are Gorgosaurus, Albertosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus. Lips and improved crests, otherwise original colors. Besides the fully repainted Diplodocus.

What are the figures here/what brand?? Haven't seen any of these before
An oversized house cat.

Leyster

avatar_Lynx @Lynx Rebor Diplodocus
PNSO Albertosaurus
PNSO Tyrannosaurus "Cameron"
Haolonggood Edmontosaurus
Haolonggood Stegosaurus
Haolonggood Euoplocephalus
Haolonggood Chasmosaurus
PNSO Gorgosaurus
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Lynx

Quote from: Leyster on July 14, 2024, 11:41:12 AMavatar_Lynx @Lynx Rebor Diplodocus
PNSO Albertosaurus
Haolonggood Stegosaurus
Haolonggood Chasmosaurus
PNSO Gorgosaurus

Thank you!
An oversized house cat.

Bread

Quote from: Leyster on July 14, 2024, 11:41:12 AMavatar_Lynx @Lynx Rebor Diplodocus
PNSO Albertosaurus
Haolonggood Stegosaurus
Haolonggood Chasmosaurus
PNSO Gorgosaurus
Just to add, these typically range from 1:30 to 1:35, while the Gorgosaurus may be an outlier at about 1:25 based on L @Leyster and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres calculations, though I've seen where people use the large specimens to classify this figure as 1:33 like the Albertosaurus.

TheCambrianCrusader

Does anyone have a comparison of the Haolongood Apatosaurus and Alamosaurus with the original 3 Carnegie sauropods?
I wanna see how these new giants size up to the classics.

Leyster

Quote from: Bread on July 14, 2024, 05:48:10 PMJust to add, these typically range from 1:30 to 1:35, while the Gorgosaurus may be an outlier at about 1:25 based on L @Leyster and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres calculations, though I've seen where people use the large specimens to classify this figure as 1:33 like the Albertosaurus.
Just a note: Gorgosaurus, as an animal, reaches the size of Albertosaurus. It's just that the skull of the PNSO model has not the morphology of an adult skull, and that's why both (I suppose) avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  and me interpreted it as a  not mature specimen (the specimen I identified the skull as belonging to was likely around six meters long).
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Bread

Quote from: Leyster on July 15, 2024, 03:56:40 PM
Quote from: Bread on July 14, 2024, 05:48:10 PMJust to add, these typically range from 1:30 to 1:35, while the Gorgosaurus may be an outlier at about 1:25 based on L @Leyster and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres calculations, though I've seen where people use the large specimens to classify this figure as 1:33 like the Albertosaurus.
Just a note: Gorgosaurus, as an animal, reaches the size of Albertosaurus. It's just that the skull of the PNSO model has not the morphology of an adult skull, and that's why both (I suppose) avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  and me interpreted it as a  not mature specimen (the specimen I identified the skull as belonging to was likely around six meters long).
Thank you for the correction Leyster! So I guess this would sit around 1:33 (?) like the Albertosaurus if you consider this Gorgosaurus as an adult, even though it does not resemble the adult specimen's skull.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Does anyone have the 1/35 Dinosaur Studio resins to compare with the Battat models? I only have the Lambeosaurus and it's a bit larger than I anticipated. I think it was scaled for Magnapaulia, but the figure is otherwise based on L. lambei.

I'd like to get the species not made by Battat if they scale well with the toys.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Primeval12

Can anyone show me the CollectA Dreadnaughtus to one or more of the following?

-Carnegie Brachiosaurus (1988)
-CollectA Bajadasaurus
-CollectA Brontosaurus
-Papo Apatosaurus
-Safari Malawisaurus

Thank you in advance :)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Primeval12

It does, it's smaller than I hoped but I think worth the $30 price tag on AliExpress. Thank you so much :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.