News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

LEGO - New for 2024

Started by DinoFan2010, November 01, 2023, 05:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

No, I know of no reports of those pieces becoming sticky over time. They've been in production since at least 2011 when Ninjago first came out.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

But have they been always rubber? Read somewhere that earlier versions were made of hard plastic.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

No, those particular pieces have always been made of rubberized plastic.

crazy8wizard

I think I remember early versions of the small teeth being hard plastic (although I could be mistaken) but the larger, more bladelike ones have always been rubbery.

suspsy

Quote from: crazy8wizard on July 15, 2024, 06:44:17 PMI think I remember early versions of the small teeth being hard plastic (although I could be mistaken) but the larger, more bladelike ones have always been rubbery.

Correct, the small rounded tooth pieces are hard and the larger blade-shaped ones are rubbery.

DinoFan2010

I actually obtained the T.rex skull set for my birthday in may, and it looks very nice! It also has a little piece of amber in the back!

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Halichoeres

One of the Animal Crossing sets has a dodo character, does that count for anything?

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/fly-with-dodo-airlines-77051
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Totoro

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 13, 2024, 02:00:13 PMOne of the Animal Crossing sets has a dodo character, does that count for anything?

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/fly-with-dodo-airlines-77051

I don't know...he wears a shirt and tie.  Then again, he appears to be a coffee drinker and runs his own airline company, so he's got that going for him! 
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.