News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DINO DREAM: New for 2024

Started by blnadal, January 23, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 10, 2024, 03:19:14 AM
Quote from: blnadal on July 09, 2024, 05:10:04 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 09, 2024, 03:50:15 PM
Quote from: blnadal on July 09, 2024, 06:15:14 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 09, 2024, 06:02:02 AMStill waiting on Lana to ship my Giga, it says In Stock so hopefully soon. 

The Theri/Rex set is all new sculpts?  Feels a bit like the Prime 1 set.

Rexy is a new sculpt, Theri is the same they showed before
There will be no other versions of Theri and Giga

They must think Rexy will sell well enough for two versions. At least we are getting a Theri which is great. The current Giga will probably scale with them.

I just noticed how grey the Giga's teeth are, seems to be covered with overspray from the body and left that way? Very poor quality there in regards to paint.

I don't know.. in some photos the teeth looks perfect yellowish like the movie, but in these new photos, it's really almost a grey

I want to see a video review to decide to buy this guy and sell the Nanmu one

It's pretty confusing.  Mine just shipped from Lana so I'll see first hand what it's like and post here when it arrives.
Can't wait!!

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pose looks good on the Rex. The render/marketing shot looks pretty flat I wish they wouldn't use those for references.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Teeth on that one look good. Maybe it was a filter or something used on  the photos of the other one?

They also teased a LW Raptor that looks nice.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's odd how Nanmu is more realistic in terms of paint and sculpt if not exactly the most film accurate. I'm still glad I skipped the Prime1 budget line, paint apps are a mixed bag and the sculpt detail seems about 50/50 but it is the largest of those there.

Man, I really wish the DD had the same paint level as Nanmu. It's actually closer to Mattel.

blnadal

he doesn't look so bad here... but I agree that Nanmu is way more realistic

Flaffy

Nanmu consistently has the best paint apps among all the JP (& inspired) statues.

blnadal

Quote from: Flaffy on July 15, 2024, 06:17:59 PMNanmu consistently has the best paint apps among all the JP (& inspired) statues.
I have Mosasaurus and Indominus by W-Dragon and I think they are a step above from Nanmu, but I also think that Nanmu is awesome and better than Dino Dream

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on July 16, 2024, 01:48:53 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on July 15, 2024, 06:17:59 PMNanmu consistently has the best paint apps among all the JP (& inspired) statues.
I have Mosasaurus and Indominus by W-Dragon and I think they are a step above from Nanmu, but I also think that Nanmu is awesome and better than Dino Dream

I did sell my WDragon Mosa, it was VERY similar to the Nanmu and took up an entire shelf to itself. Paint apps to me were pretty similar but I do recall the Indominus was Nanmu's first figure and their paint has improved a lot since then. I do prefer my WDragon Indominus as well though.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 16, 2024, 02:24:51 PM

I did sell my WDragon Mosa, it was VERY similar to the Nanmu and took up an entire shelf to itself. Paint apps to me were pretty similar but I do recall the Indominus was Nanmu's first figure and their paint has improved a lot since then. I do prefer my WDragon Indominus as well though.
Really?? WDragon Mosa is my favorite figure!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on July 17, 2024, 02:19:08 AM

It was nice don't get me wrong, but just about exactly the same as Nanmu Mosa v2 and at half the price. I do already have the Nanmu V1 and the big Prime 1 jumping statue.

Prehistory Resurrection

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 17, 2024, 06:24:36 AM
Quote from: blnadal on July 17, 2024, 02:19:08 AM

It was nice don't get me wrong, but just about exactly the same as Nanmu Mosa v2 and at half the price. I do already have the Nanmu V1 and the big Prime 1 jumping statue.

oh, now makes sense.. that Prime 1 is absurd!

thanks to Heinzi Giesen, we have these photos that shows a more real look of the figure (without filters or strong illumination):

Blade-of-the-Moon

Andy seems to like it a bit, I still see paint issues though and he even mentions the top teeth are greyish in color from over spray.

The P1 Mosa is pretty insane. the base alone takes up a ton of room.

That pose right there of the Giga is about the best way I see to display it. I'll have to remember that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

My Giga from Lana came in today, it's pretty close to what we've been seeing. There is some sloppy-ness in the mouth paint, lower jaw looks like the translucent teeth we've seen from Nanmu, they seem to have pink painted the teeth a bit. The top jaw does look to have some gray overspray on them despite looking more white in the pics I took outdoor in full sunlight.

blnadal

Congrats!! He looks good, whats your veredict?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on July 19, 2024, 10:11:17 PMCongrats!! He looks good, whats your veredict?

8/10? It lost those points due to paint, the detail though, is there. I am perplexed about why we get so many green color patterns for the Giga when in the film it's more grey/brown.

I can't see replacing either of my Nanmu piece though for it. They just look more realistic in paint apps. Looking at hard, it seems they definetly based it on the CG render used for merchandising vs the animatronic which I think, would have been better.

Cpt Red 3eard

The paint is definitely disappointing. Mine is probably coming today, and I'll make a decision on whether to return it or see if I can salvage it with small paint apps.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: