News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Hard to believe we are now spoiled for choice after not having many (if any) options for a lot of these only a few years ago.

Amazing collection of them S @SidB
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 02, 2024, 06:25:53 PMThey are all so beautiful S @SidB . I wish I could show them to my sister.

I hear you. Glad that you can enjoy them avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot .

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on August 02, 2024, 06:51:23 PMHard to believe we are now spoiled for choice after not having many (if any) options for a lot of these only a few years ago.

Amazing collection of them S @SidB
Thanks, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin , we really have an abundance of quality and now quantity too!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dakotaraptor model by MK Studio

EmperorDinobot

A fine specimen, that uh... victim of private collectors.

SenSx

A splendid model Blade-of-the-Moon, very realistic.
I don't think I own a single statue of that quality in my collection.

JimoAi

Easily my most exciting haul

Starting with some marine life figures: the Ikimon Napoleon wrasse which I initially planned to replace the aqua meridian one but aft some examination, I decided to retained it but let me tell u this: get the Ikimon one while you can because it's fantastic and don't miss your chance on it. With it, is a Kaiyodo porcupine fish

A mystery finless porpoise which was sold in Collab with the Nanjing finless porpoise conservation

The recur whale shark which I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it. The plastic doesn't feel as cheap as I've imagined which is basically standard pvc but softer. it replaces the Papo whale shark for the time because of its size and spiracle presence which I'll relocate it to another shelf cuz I liked that figure so much.

Next are some prehistorics: the HLG Nasutoceratops which I forgotten how much I loved the genus and I won't be getting a Triceratops anytime soon.

The fantastic HLG E.regalis which I gotten over the PNSO for its price

The Safari ltd utahraptor mostly cuz I'm starved of a really good dromaeosaur and that one didn't disappoint

The Safari prestosuchus which I'll be using as Fasolasuchus because of its size

Getting to the exciting stuff, I've finally stopped beating the bush and got the MBA Adult Sperm whale. The price was the main reason why I held off which I was really annoyed at but in hand it's almost perfect sans for the lack of tooth holes

Next, the Itoy Otodus Megalodon. I know alot of people aren't keen on the meg but as a shark lo we, please let me enjoy my sharks heheh. I chose this one over the W-dragon for the price and it's slenderness from a recent paper tho not everyone is sold on it. Still, happy to have the *potentially largest fish in my collection.

Second to last, I've acquired the W dragon Giraffatitan. After Ankylosaurus, Brachiosaurus and Giraffatitan are my favourite dinosaurs and I was saddened by the fact there aren't all that good figures of either genues sans the very rare Carnegie one. I initially thought the W dragon Giraffatitan would be hard to acquire but turns out that there's a version 2 that's easier to acquire and I snagged it up!

Last but certainly not least, the crown jewel itself, the Kaiyodo Mega sofubi Blue whale. I've always wanted it but it's been a no show until I saw a bid which I placed and order and to my surprise, I was the winner. That very moment right there was the pinnacle of my collecting journey. it's huge and highly accurate to the real animals and with that figure, I can live in peace without feeling uncomfortable that my 1/35 scale Dino's are too big compared to my blue whale

BlueKrono

avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi Congratulations on the whale grail! And let me know if you'd like to sell the whale shark. That's been on my list for a while.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

JimoAi

Quote from: BlueKrono on August 06, 2024, 02:45:03 PMavatar_JimoAi @JimoAi Congratulations on the whale grail! And let me know if you'd like to sell the whale shark. That's been on my list for a while.

no I'm not selling the Papo whale shark. I really love that figure and besides, it's still readily available

Abobo

W-Dragon The Meg :

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on August 03, 2024, 11:21:45 AMA splendid model Blade-of-the-Moon, very realistic.
I don't think I own a single statue of that quality in my collection.

Thanks! Lana's painters did a fantastic job I think.  I'm moving a bit away from collecting toys ( aside from Jurassic Park/World) and trying to get nicer paleoart pieces.

Sim

I've acquired:

1. PNSO Corythosaurus.  I used to think Corythosaurus was boring, but I've grown to find it charming and it's interesting how well-preserved its holotype is.  The PNSO Corythosaurus is a strange figure, I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it but I like it enough to keep.  I prefer the PNSO Lambeosaurus to it though.

2. PNSO Amargasaurus, the most recent colour variant.  I am SO happy with this figure!  It may not be the most accurate Amargasaurus, but I was wanting one without a beak (so no Haolonggood Amarga for me, it would have been my first choice otherwise) and this PNSO was the best I could find.  It's a beautiful figure, and I pretend the visible neck spines are defensive projections from the neural spines that continue into smaller spines on the rest of the midline.  It does have a partial sail too, which is nice.  I'm so happy to have an Amargasaurus figure that satisfies me now, after so long without one!

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on August 07, 2024, 09:37:35 PMI've acquired:

1. PNSO Corythosaurus.  I used to think Corythosaurus was boring, but I've grown to find it charming and it's interesting how well-preserved its holotype is.  The PNSO Corythosaurus is a strange figure, I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it but I like it enough to keep.  I prefer the PNSO Lambeosaurus to it though.

The Carnegie Corythosaurus is worth tracking down imo. I have both the PNSO & Carnegie, and I have to say the Carnegie one really puts into perspective how odd the proportions are on Caroline.

SenSx

Just got this guy.

I it is going to have a repaint from dinosaur_models_artworks
Do you think it will need the claws to he fixed ? Bigger ones, more curved, or are they proportional with the figure ?

Fembrogon

These two beauties arrived a couple of days ago. Utahraptor is very, very cool, and the Chasmosaurus is no slouch either!

SidB

Here's the latest Cenozoic mammal from TNG, their standing Smilodon, which may have gone under the radar for a lot of folk, even collectors of this subgenre. I include their previous sitting figure for comparison purposes. This new one is a male, the previous, a female.

The new one is very slightly smaller than the older, nothing to be concerned about.

A comparison with the somewhat larger scale CollectA figure:

SenSx

The siting one is very nice, congrats !

Bread

Those look really good!

What scale are those Smilodons in?

SidB

Quote from: SenSx on August 10, 2024, 01:30:00 PMThe siting one is very nice, congrats !
it is, or was, if the rumor that it's been discontinued is correct.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on August 10, 2024, 04:22:00 PMThose look really good!

What scale are those Smilodons in?
Of course, it depends on the species, but from nose to tail tip it's five inches long, so very, very approximately it's about 1/15, I'd say.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: