News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which do you prefer, Haolonggood or PNSO

Started by Stegotyranno420, September 28, 2023, 01:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the title(Pick one)

PNSO
30 (63.8%)
HLG
17 (36.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 22, 2024, 09:24:29 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 22, 2024, 09:17:55 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 22, 2024, 09:00:53 PMPNSO Saurophaganax is amazing. I'm glad i got that one before the ban.

It has nice size for specimen too that it's just a bit bigger than Max Allosaurus. 10.5 metres.

wdym before the ban?

Turkey has 30 Euro limit now for import. I can't order anything more than 30 Euro.
💀
so you cannot collect anymore?
is this temporary i suppose?
💀

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 22, 2024, 10:49:00 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 22, 2024, 09:24:29 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on August 22, 2024, 09:17:55 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 22, 2024, 09:00:53 PMPNSO Saurophaganax is amazing. I'm glad i got that one before the ban.

It has nice size for specimen too that it's just a bit bigger than Max Allosaurus. 10.5 metres.

wdym before the ban?

Turkey has 30 Euro limit now for import. I can't order anything more than 30 Euro.
💀
so you cannot collect anymore?
is this temporary i suppose?
💀

I can't collect anything above 30 Euros.  Also anything less will be taxed 30 (from europe) or 60 percent (from rest of the world)

Usually bad things stay permanent in Turkey. I don't expect any changes in at  least 5 years.

So i'm more of a commenter than collector nowadays.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Turkeysaurus @Turkeysaurus that sucks to hear

I too am mostly here for the friends, people and the art-posting nowadays. Its still cool to see the figures tho, but I realised I dont need to impulsively buy everything I remotely like.

But hey, I know its a bit hard for you now, but its still nice to have you around. 😉

Gwangi

My feelings about the two companies have mostly stayed the same over the last year. PNSO makes better theropods while HLG dominates with herbivores. Haolonggood is more affordable, generally has more attractive paintjobs, and offers higher species diversity. I feel like PNSO's best years are behind them in many respects. If PNSO maintained the output, diversity, and price point that they had in 2021 then they would come out on top. For 2024 though, HLG has the edge.

Stegotyranno420

The way I see it with HLG. IN MY OPINION
Just because they dominate herbivores doesnt mean their herbivores are better, rather that they do more herbivores than pnso.
When comparing models of HLG vs Pnso, PNSO wins in all cases for me except for Sauropods and the new stegosaurus, though i might be biased  since its a different, rarer species.
 Of course, theres also the price point. People say HLG is generally cheaper, but the models that interest me are often the ones more costly than PNSOs(Atleast from my experience) and frankly i dont even collect that much anymore.
Nonetheless, I love HLG for the fact it is open to its customers, and their representative V @vampiredesign is a very kind and talented person aswell.
However, Pnso's deliveries are just closer to my specific paleo-cup of tea i guess.

EmperorDinobot

Sorry to hear avatar_Turkeysaurus @Turkeysaurus , some places do be like that. Makes my blood boil.

I still consider Saurophaganax to be a big Allosaurus, and if I were to play by those rules, I'd say it's one of their best.

The problem with PNSO started when they unleashed tyrant after tyrant at the same time when the paper about lips settled all of that family's affairs. Even I was like "stop stop stooop", and felt kind of sad. This was fresh off the debacle with Alamosaurus' scale, and this positioned Haolonggood as everyone's go-to. Now I know they are cheaper.

That being said, if I had another home, or wasn't nostalgically tied to my Schleich, or my Batmen, and if I wasn't an apparent Mattel shill (I'm not, but I refrain from saying too many negative things about them in my reviews for the sake of being somewhat unbiased, and at the cost of coming off as disingenuous), I would have filled my dino room with both HLG and PNSO. I get very excited when someone reviews one.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.