News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

This seems like a reharsh of the Tyranotitan colors.
I actually really liked it and don't plan to get the Tyranotitan so that's ok for me.

Samrukia

Quote from: SenSx on August 26, 2024, 09:21:20 AMThis seems like a reharsh of the Tyranotitan colors.
I actually really liked it and don't plan to get the Tyranotitan so that's ok for me.

hmm that means it could look nice alongside HLG Camarasaurus

Carnoking

Dromaenychus

Camarasaurus appeared for me to pre-order at Amazon US. Listed for $75 but it had a %15 discount offer available, and it let me place the order for with free shipping so I assume I just have to wait for it to arrive at the Amazon warehouse.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Dromaenychus on August 27, 2024, 01:23:17 AMCamarasaurus appeared for me to pre-order at Amazon US. Listed for $75 but it had a %15 discount offer available, and it let me place the order for with free shipping so I assume I just have to wait for it to arrive at the Amazon warehouse.

Would you mind sending a link?

Dromaenychus

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on August 27, 2024, 02:51:46 AM
Quote from: Dromaenychus on August 27, 2024, 01:23:17 AMCamarasaurus appeared for me to pre-order at Amazon US. Listed for $75 but it had a %15 discount offer available, and it let me place the order for with free shipping so I assume I just have to wait for it to arrive at the Amazon warehouse.

Would you mind sending a link?
Here goes:
PNSO Camarasaurus Amazon

thomasw100

First in hand photos of the Camarasaurus as per Paleofiguras:

Faelrin

I wonder how it compares with Haolonggood's and Safari Ltd's. Looks pretty good so far though.

I also wonder how it will look alongside their Saurophaganax and Stegosaurus pair. Has anyone figured out what species this one represents (if not the other two figures as well)?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

marisaura

the color scheme is so vibrant! i feel like the promo pics undersold it somewhat. it reminds me of a haolonggood paint job, which the comparison with the alamosaurus really emphasizes. this is one of PNSO's more exciting releases in a while for me, though (tyrannotitan aside) their 2024 lineup has been fantastic overall.

John

Hmm,the teeth of this new Camarasaurus would still be visible if it had it's mouth closed,and yet I have seen a lot of praise for it from the online fandom instead of the usual hysterics and conniptions of rage that they show whenever PNSO reveals a new "lipless" theropod.
It makes for a nice change of pace! :)  >:D  :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

thomasw100

Quote from: John on August 27, 2024, 12:17:57 PMHmm,the teeth of this new Camarasaurus would still be visible if it had it's mouth closed,and yet I have seen a lot of praise for it from the online fandom instead of the usual hysterics and conniptions of rage that they show whenever PNSO reveals a new "lipless" theropod.

I would say that properly sized 1:35 scale sauropods from PNSO are such a rare event that we cannot be too picky in such a case. And this Camarasaurus has a lot of interesting and attractive features, like the pose, the color scheme and the external nares, so one can take it easy with the lip discussion. And the lips vs. no lips vs. beak discussion for sauropods appears to be far less settled than for theropods. Haolonggood takes the easy and safe approach with their sauropods, mouth always closed.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 27, 2024, 12:40:02 PM
Quote from: John on August 27, 2024, 12:17:57 PMHmm,the teeth of this new Camarasaurus would still be visible if it had it's mouth closed,and yet I have seen a lot of praise for it from the online fandom instead of the usual hysterics and conniptions of rage that they show whenever PNSO reveals a new "lipless" theropod.

I would say that properly sized 1:35 scale sauropods from PNSO are such a rare event that we cannot be too picky in such a case. And this Camarasaurus has a lot of interesting and attractive features, like the pose, the color scheme and the external nares, so one can take it easy with the lip discussion. And the lips vs. no lips vs. beak discussion for sauropods appears to be far less settled than for theropods. Haolonggood takes the easy and safe approach with their sauropods, mouth always closed.
Also, perhaps they've heard the old adage, " better to keep one's mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and prove it." Poor sauropods probably didn't number too many philosophers among their ranks.

SenSx

The fact that the mouth is not articulated makes it less of an issue imo.
Lipless is not as obvious on open mouth, especially with small teeth like that.

CarnotaurusKing

Could it be supremus? While it seems too small for the 23m estimate, it fits a bit better in 1/35 scale for shorter estimates of its length.

The skeletals by GunnarBivens and randomdinos both converge around the 17m mark. The human for scale is about the same size relative to the dinosaur, as in the comparison with the 1/35 (?) John Hammond. Though both of these skeletals are scaled to AMNH 5761, while the larger estimates of 20-23m are scaled to AMNH 5760.

Also, while the species of Camarasaurus are diagnosed by differences in the morphology of the vertebral and limb elements, skeletal reconstructions of supremus give it a proportionately shorter tail and longer neck (similar to the PNSO) than for lentus or grandis, which I feel must have some precedent in the fossil record.

Trying to justify it being potentially a new species from the HLG and Safari Ltd, cause wow what a gorgeous piece. Very reminiscent of the model from Prehistoric Kingdom. Kind of a bit more "modern paleoart" (very Brian Engh-coded) relative to the more "conservative" HLG. Looks like a real bruiser too, like a Cape buffalo.

Callophrys

Typical that this would be announced the day after I've ordered the HLG version!

The in-hand pictures look fantastic though, with the lower jaw seam barely visible compared with the promo pics, so I may end up getting this one as well.

Turkeysaurus

From pnso.org

The Size of Njor the Camarasaurus

Njor the Camarasaurus belongs to the Sauropoda. According to scientific research on the fossils, its body length was set to 20 meters to scale down when we did reconstruction.

The Head of Njor the Camarasaurus

The head of Camarasaurus was not as gracile as that of Diplodocus, but rather large and deep with an arched top. Its nostrils were relatively low, so the nasal cavities were very bulged. It might have a hard keratinous beak at the anterior of its mouth.

The Body of Njor the Camarasaurus

Njor the Camarasaurus had a stout body with a broad chest and abdomen. Its shoulders were tall, allowing it to lift its not-too-long neck to a higher level to gather food and reduce competition with its peers.

The Limbs of Njor the Camarasaurus

The limbs of Njor the Camarasaurus were robust. Its forelimbs were relatively slimmer than the hind limbs, with five fingers fused to form a hoof. Its hind limbs had five toes, but the last two had been significantly degenerated. It also had a thick tail.

Model Size / 35cm × 10.5cm × 23.7cm
Model Material / Environment-friendly PVC, hand painting
Model Structure / Solid Structure
Package Size / 50.8cm × 26.3cm × 11.3cm
Inside Package / Model + A3 Poster + Product Manual
Transparent Support / No

John

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 27, 2024, 07:06:44 PMFrom pnso.org

According to scientific research on the fossils, its body length was set to 20 meters to scale down when we did reconstruction.

20 meters in life?
That means PNSO's new model is specifically Camarasaurus supremus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

thomasw100

Quote from: John on August 27, 2024, 08:10:33 PM

According to scientific research on the fossils, its body length was set to 20 meters to scale down when we did reconstruction.

20 meters in life?

But this would not fit with the size of the model if it is supposed to be in 1:35 scale. For a 20 meter individual, the length through the centra would need to be about 57 cm in 1:35, and I cannot see this figure being that long. I measured something around 45-46 cm from the promo images, which is a lower estimate though, not accounting for any curvature of the neck and tail in the third dimension. But this most likely cannot account for an additional 10 cm I believe.

John

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 27, 2024, 08:24:51 PM
Quote from: John on August 27, 2024, 08:10:33 PM

20 meters in life?

But this would not fit with the size of the model if it is supposed to be in 1:35 scale. For a 20 meter individual, the length through the centra would need to be about 57 cm in 1:35, and I cannot see this figure being that long. I measured something around 45-46 cm from the promo images, which is a lower estimate though, not accounting for any curvature of the neck and tail in the third dimension. But this most likely cannot account for an additional 10 cm I believe.
If your measurements are right,then it isn't in 1/35 scale.
The scale has never mattered to me,but if you stick strictly to 1/35 scale,then at least you know now before you buy it instead of being dissapointed afterward.

Turkeysaurus

I rather have 15 meter than 20 meter Camarasaurus at 1/35 scale.

Baryonyx is 10-12 m according to pnso but their figure is smaller than their 9.5-11 meter Suchomimus. 

Tyrannotitan is 13 meter according to pnso but figure is shorter than T.rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: