News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Elengassen on August 29, 2024, 04:48:56 PM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 28, 2024, 09:12:19 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on August 28, 2024, 09:08:45 PMMore comparison photos have appeared on Paleofiguras.

The Chad PNSO VS the virgin HLG

As you can probably tell, I have way too much time on my hands.

(Also just to be clear, this is a joke – I think they both look really nice. But I'm pretty much decided on the PNSO.)

Based

Turkeysaurus

Prices At Lanatimeshop:
PNSO Camarasaurus 74.99
HLG Camarasaurus 58.99

16 dollars difference. Worth it or not? That's one small HLG dinosaur price more.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The PNSO was on Amazon for 65.00 shipped, so I ordered it there this time. Not sure yet if it will go through just have to see.

oscars_dinos

this might not be the right thread but does anyone know about these i cant find them for sale anywhere

Leyster

avatar_oscars_dinos @oscars_dinos as far as I know there is nothing about those new modern animals except for the promotional pictures. I never ever saw them, not even in Chinese forums.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

oscars_dinos

yeah these are elusive, I saw the pics on the animal toy forum last year but just remembered them, its a shame nothing has come from them because I would love some modern day animals from pnso 

Turkeysaurus

I'm gonna to try to smuggle a PNSO in next week. (Possibly Iguanodon)

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 30, 2024, 08:58:43 PMI'm gonna to try to smuggle a PNSO in next week. (Possibly Iguanodon)

a nice figure for sure but that head shape is what stops me from getting it

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 30, 2024, 09:17:57 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 30, 2024, 08:58:43 PMI'm gonna to try to smuggle a PNSO in next week. (Possibly Iguanodon)

Many people say its too elongated and not boxy but PNSO official convinced me otherwise. Around 14:00 he talks about its head.

Besides i don't have much options. A friend of mine will bring from a local european shop. They have only a few PNSOs to select. This is the best one in terms of price & quality.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 30, 2024, 09:56:17 PM

Many people say its too elongated and not boxy but PNSO official convinced me otherwise. Around 14:00 he talks about its head.

Besides i don't have much options. A friend of mine will bring from a local european shop. They have only a few PNSOs to select. This is the best one in terms of price & quality.
I will have to take a look at this! I usually just go by what dinodragon says

Flaffy

I remain unconvinced that it is based on Iguanodon proper. But bringing up this topic in detail would be like beating a dead horse, it has already been discussed multiple times in the past.

In the end I reckon just make your own conclusions. Get the figure if you like it enough, or wait for a more traditional reconstruction by HLG or some other company.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 30, 2024, 09:59:30 PM

I will have to take a look at this! I usually just go by what dinodragon says

Yeah, DinosDragons is my favorite too.. but i recommend PNSO official as well. They usually explain their decision making.

Haolonggood probably will produce Iguanodon, too famous for a herbivore for them not to. Price would be a lot less considering their Edmontosaurus & Maiasauria and pnso also being museum line.

Sim

Quote from: Flaffy on August 30, 2024, 10:10:30 PMGet the figure if you like it enough, or wait for a more traditional reconstruction by HLG or some other company.
Or get the CollectA 2018 version, it's excellent.

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on August 30, 2024, 10:21:20 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on August 30, 2024, 10:10:30 PMGet the figure if you like it enough, or wait for a more traditional reconstruction by HLG or some other company.

Or get the CollectA 2018 version, it's excellent.

That's the one I have, it's great indeed! Only flaws I can think of are how easy the paint gets scuffed, and the clawed 4th digit (subject to debate?).

oscars_dinos

might wait and see what HLG cooks to see what I go for

Leyster

Quote from: Flaffy on August 30, 2024, 10:24:52 PMand the clawed 4th digit (subject to debate?).
No, I don't think so. I was explained that there's no claw in the fouth digit, but that a lot of old mounts mixed specimens so they ended up putting an ungual where there should be none (because they "expected" it to be there).
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

oscars_dinos

After watching the video I am now...confused lol, I could do a deep dive on the skull of the iguanodon on my own but I could also ask everyone here what they think

DefinitelyNOTDilo

From what I understand the skull that the figure is based on is now considered to belong to Mantellisaurus instead of iguanodon.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on September 01, 2024, 05:58:49 PMFrom what I understand the skull that the figure is based on is now considered to belong to Mantellisaurus instead of iguanodon.
you see that changes things lol, I think I remember dino dragon saying that as well.

oscars_dinos

this video also similarly has me reconsidering the centro, i always thought its head was too small but now i don't know

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: