News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Coming back to the comparison between the PNSO and the Haolonggood Camarasaurus, there is one aspect which as far as I know has not been discussed as of yet. Both the PNSO and the Haolongood Camarasaurus have a walking pose. I noticed already on the Haolonggood Alamosaurus and now also on the Camarasaurus that when viewed from the anterior to the posterior, the arms and legs are angled somewhat inward. The PNSO Camarasaurus appears to not shows this, at least not so clearly. But in view of observations from a number of sauropod tracks in the Morrison and elsewhere, sauropods must have angled their arms and legs inward when they walked, because otherwise the hand and foot prints would not be as close to the midline of the tracks as they are found in the fossil record. The Haolonggood sauropod figures capture this feature better than the PNSO Camarasaurus.

Leyster

I think this is because the PNSO Camarasaurus is not intended to be walking.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just a head's up if anyone ordered the PNSO Camara on Amazon with the discount, I received an email saying it's shipping and should arrive Sep 23 - Sep 29.

thomasw100

Quote from: Leyster on September 05, 2024, 07:17:33 PMI think this is because the PNSO Camarasaurus is not intended to be walking.

Probably this is the case, but nevertheless good to see that Haolonggood has taken into consideration that arms and legs of sauropods would angle inwards when they were walking.

thomasw100

PNSO video describing the reconstruction of the Camarasaurus:

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.