News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Jurassic World Film!!!! 😀

Started by Giganotosaurus, January 22, 2024, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Actually, a bingo card for this movie might be a fun idea!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Carnoking on August 30, 2024, 12:45:27 PMActually, a bingo card for this movie might be a fun idea!

We could call the game "Bingo, Dino-DNA!", so even the name of the game is a call-back to a previous film.  ;D

blnadal

Jurassic World Rebirth line by Mattel

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wonder how many of those will actually be in the film?

CityRaptor

The ones with the 2024 release dates are probably meant for Chaos Theory.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Faelrin

Keeping expectations low. Have yet to see a trailer but first thoughts are pass based on the synopsis.

Honestly as usual I'm more looking forward to the Mattel figures and the upcoming Jurassic World Evolution game.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Brocc21

I know that we're all very drained and pessimistic towards this franchise, why wouldn't we be. But Gareth Edward's filmography also looks like this. I'm just saying have a little bit of faith.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Carnoking

Quote from: Brocc21 on August 31, 2024, 07:34:43 PMI know that we're all very drained and pessimistic towards this franchise, why wouldn't we be. But Gareth Edward's filmography also looks like this. I'm just saying have a little bit of faith.

Back when there were questions concerning who would be directing this film, his was one of the first names that came to mind when I thought about who I would want to see.

GojiraGuy1954

Gareth is only shooting this movie, though. He was far more involved in making all those other ones.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Gwangi

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 01, 2024, 02:02:58 AMGareth is only shooting this movie, though. He was far more involved in making all those other ones.

That is true. And David Koepp is the writer. They're saying that's a good thing because he co-wrote Jurassic Park but he also wrote The Lost World. And Crystal Skull. His career is hit and miss and his involvement doesn't guarantee quality. I actually consider Scarlett Johansson's involvement a good sign. People that only know her as Black Widow are quick to dismiss her but she's a fantastic actress. If she approves of the script then there must be something to it. I hope.

HD-man

My comment on "10 Movies to inspire Jurassic Park/World":
Spoiler
QuoteSorry for the late comment, but YouTube was being a jerk. Anyway, many many thanks for this video! Not only do you validate my own thoughts (E.g. Of all the things JWR could've done, why go to another island?!?), but also make good points I hadn't thought of:

-Funny you mention Chaos Theory right before but not in reference to #2, given that 6:12 is basically ep1.

-#3 may be my favorite of your movie ideas, partly b/c it's the most achievable (in fact, I now resent JWD's creators even more b/c of how easily they could've made #3 but didn't) & partly b/c it has the most potential. By the latter, I mean you could potentially work in your other ideas (especially #4/5/7) as sub-plots, maybe make the movie an anthology.

-I'm surprised you didn't mention BaBR in reference to #4. I would think that a feature-length version of BaBR would be very Tremors-like. On a related note, I never expected "Eight Legged Freaks" to come up in ANY non-"Kill Count" discussion, let alone a JP/JW discussion.

-Nope may be 1 of my favorite movies from recent years, in large part b/c I felt like I was watching a modern-day version of JP. On a related note, I'm surprised you didn't mention Timothy Treadwell at 15:35 (though I'm glad you mentioned Tiger King b/c he's satirized in Chaos Theory).

-17:16 is especially good at both validating my own thoughts & making good points I hadn't thought of (E.g. Lowery not making sense in-universe). By the former, I mean it reminds me that JW is basically to me what "Independence Day" is to the Nostalgia Critic: "So many people keep telling me, "Oh, it's a popcorn movie! Can't you just have fun?" Well, let me tell you something; a water slide is fun[...]All the slipping and sliding, it's just great. But if someone took you off the waterslide, shook you, gave you a noogie and then spat in your face and put you back on the water slide, you'd be like... "That wasn't fun; that was weird and annoying."" More specifically, JW has A LOT of simultaneous pandering to & mockery of JP fans (I.e. 1 moment it shows something from JP &/or plays the JP score for nostalgic feels, the next it shows the obvious character stand-in for JP fans getting s*** on for LOLs).

-1 more thing: In reference to 2:52, I do want more faithful adaptations of Crichton's JP novels (especially TLW), but NOT as just gorier versions of the '93 & '97 movies. Rather, I want a "Westworld"-like series w/dinos that are mostly accurate for today's time.
[close]
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD: REBIRTH---a source revealed the sequel's main dinosaurs, "The primary Dinosaurs in JURASSIC WORLD: REBIRTH are Mosasaurus Titanisaurus and Quetzacoatlus"

Shane

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 01, 2024, 02:02:58 AMGareth is only shooting this movie, though. He was far more involved in making all those other ones.

Eh, I think his filmography supports that he knows how to approach a monster movie in a grounded way (Monsters, Godzilla) and also how to handle sci-fi films. Arguably the movie he was most creatively involved in (The Creator) was, to me, his least interesting piece of filmmaking. I found it pretty bland and generic. And it can also be argued that most of the ultimate look, feel and overall tone of Rogue One was the result of reshoots and second unit directing under Tony Gilory.

So even if his involvement is only as a for hire director, I can get behind the idea of Edwards shooting the film. Godzilla, for all its flaws, at least had a healthy amount of respect for its monsters. They felt real and substantial, and even though they were CGI they had a physicality that is lacking in a lot of today's monster movies, including the Jurassic World franchise.

Flaffy

Quote from: dragon53 on September 02, 2024, 04:22:48 PMJURASSIC WORLD: REBIRTH---a source revealed the sequel's main dinosaurs, "The primary Dinosaurs in JURASSIC WORLD: REBIRTH are Mosasaurus Titanisaurus and Quetzacoatlus"

Quetz and Mosa were to be expected, but Titanosaurus is certainly an odd choice. Especially when a) it's nowhere near the largest sauropod, b) JWD already introduced Dreadnoughtus.

Carnoking

1/3 of those are dinosaurs. Sounds like we're off to a rocky start.

CityRaptor

I would say the term Dinosaur is used loosely by whatever sites those infos come from. Probably because their writers are incompetent.

Regarding Edwards, I only know his Godzilla. That one had some issues. Like fight scenes taking place in pitch black darkness, and the most focused on character being as charismatic as a plank of wood. Would have prefered more of Serizawa and Graham instead of Brody.

And yes, Koepp has  a mixed record.

Also ScarJo mentioned that she would pretty much do anything to be in a Jurassic movie, so her being part of this might also not be indicative of it being good.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

HD-man

"Jurassic World 4 will have (at least one) Animatronic Dinosaur":
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

We saw a Para prop/animatronic already? Though it could have been dead/dying.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.