News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeysaurus

If Haolonggood produce Iguanodon at price & quality of their Edmontosaurus & Maiasauria, i don't see a reason to pay three times more for pnso.

My reasoning for buying PNSO Iguanodon is a few days is based on desperation, lol.

thomasw100

PNSO just published the first of their video series on learning to draw the Camarasaurus. Usually they come as 5 parts, one per day. After that, the interesting video on the reconstruction of the figure should come.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 01, 2024, 09:40:21 PMIf Haolonggood produce Iguanodon at price & quality of their Edmontosaurus & Maiasauria, i don't see a reason to pay three times more for pnso.

My reasoning for buying PNSO Iguanodon is a few days is based on desperation, lol.

So could your friend or someone else organize to take a larger beast back for you? I mean who would have a problem with a used (i.e. without original packaging) plastic figure?

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 01, 2024, 09:49:38 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 01, 2024, 09:40:21 PMIf Haolonggood produce Iguanodon at price & quality of their Edmontosaurus & Maiasauria, i don't see a reason to pay three times more for pnso.

So could your friend or someone else organize to take a larger beast back for you? I mean who would have a problem with a used (i.e. without original packaging) plastic figure?
Only Passengers can bring it as personal item. My friend will buy some toys for herself and then maybe for me too. She will unbox them and will bring via travel.

Shipment is a problem even if it's sent as a gift. It shouldn't be above 30 Euros.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 01, 2024, 09:47:32 PMPNSO just published the first of their video series on learning to draw the Camarasaurus. Usually they come as 5 parts, one per day. After that, the interesting video on the reconstruction of the figure should come.

We might get a final word about it's size & scale.

I would prefer having small to mid sized 1/35 sauropods than giants at smaller scales like their alamosaurus.

Prehistory Resurrection

GojiraGuy1954

I didn't notice that they gave it fnaf eyes
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

thomasw100

Dinos Dragons noticed something in his Camarasaurus review that I have thought about as well recently. Haolonggood is overdoing the wrinkles and creases on their models somewhat and should downscale this a bit. I mean it is great that they try to give their models a lot of texture and detail, but they can learn from PNSO that sometimes less is more.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 02, 2024, 08:21:03 PMDinos Dragons noticed something in his Camarasaurus review that I have thought about as well recently. Haolonggood is overdoing the wrinkles and creases on their models somewhat and should downscale this a bit. I mean it is great that they try to give their models a lot of texture and detail, but they can learn from PNSO that sometimes less is more.

I think main reason is the fine details & paintjob isn't at PNSO level so they cover up with more busy texture & more colors. Probably same for wiggly lines we see time to time.

Turkeysaurus

Dinosdragons says its confirmed as Supremus and it's 1:50 scale. If it's true , it's disappointing for future sauropods.

While this Camarasaurus fortunately at 1/35 size for lentus, i still think Haolonggood supremus PNSO for sticking with 1/35 size for their sauropods.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 03, 2024, 01:39:51 PMDinosdragons says its confirmed as Supremus and it's 1:50 scale. If it's true , it's disappointing for future sauropods.

While this Camarasaurus fortunately at 1/35 size for lentus, i still think Haolonggood supremus PNSO for sticking with 1/35 size for their sauropods.

But I am not sure from where he got that information. I know that this is written somewhere on PNSO website, but there is a lot of weird size information on that section of the website. I think we need to wait for the official PNSO video about the creation of their Camarasaurus model which should come out in a few days. If nothing is said about the species in this video, we can safely ignore this.

However, Haolonggood should take advantage of this situation by producing more large 1:35 scale sauropods like the planned Brachiosaurus and Argentinosaurus and continuing this with more large genera next year like for example a properly sized Diplodocus or even some more real giants like Barosaurus, Supersaurus or Patagotitan.

Manospundylus gigas

Usually the text that PNSO use in their descriptions and books is very casual, wikipedia like, with size ranges of estimates that have been proposed through time for the GENUS, but when it comes to their models and scale they are much more accurate and scientific, an example: Bary in description 9-12m (the upper end is outdated old estimates, no Bary individual is that size), the model is ~9m, and Tyrannotitan, text 11-13m (13m is outdated old estimates, paratype specimen is the biggest around 11,7-12m), model is ~11,8m.

Maybe they are doing the same for Camarasaurus, giving the max length of the genus, I would wait to see PNSO official video if they mention the species, and even if they said it is baed in supremus you could still be able to display it as lentus as they are very similar, only size and caudal neural spine differentiate them, thats why there are so many Camarasaurus sp. (if the individual lacks the anterior caudal vertebrae it would be nearly impossible to refer it to any species, only stratigraphy could tell in some cases), and lentus and supremus are ancestor-descendant.

Prehistory Resurrection

Flaffy

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 03, 2024, 02:29:14 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 03, 2024, 01:39:51 PMDinosdragons says its confirmed as Supremus and it's 1:50 scale. If it's true , it's disappointing for future sauropods.

But I am not sure from where he got that information. I know that this is written somewhere on PNSO website, but there is a lot of weird size information on that section of the website. I think we need to wait for the official PNSO video about the creation of their Camarasaurus model which should come out in a few days. If nothing is said about the species in this video, we can safely ignore this.

00:35 of Dinosdragons "Camarasaurus Part 2" video. Zhao Chuang himself specifies that the model was based off C. supremus. See the chiense text corresponding to the species "至高圓頂龍".

Turkeysaurus

Lentus, supremus, angus, Marcus, doesn't matter..1/35ers wins.

thomasw100

Quote from: Flaffy on September 05, 2024, 03:10:04 AM00:35 of Dinosdragons "Camarasaurus Part 2" video. Zhao Chuang himself specifies that the model was based off C. supremus. See the chiense text corresponding to the species "至高圓頂龍".

But that video by Zhao Chuang was not available on the PNSO channel at the time when I wrote my original comment. Now of course new information has become available that has clarified this.

thomasw100

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 05, 2024, 07:15:22 AMLentus, supremus, angus, Marcus, doesn't matter..1/35ers wins.

It could well be that PNSO is testing the waters if there would be a market for more 1:35 scale sauropods produced by them in the future. It may be on purpose that this Camarasaurus could represent a C. lentus (or C. grandis or C. lewisi) in 1:35 scale and a C. supremus in about 1:50 scale. The latter would be the scale that some of their previous sauropods had, whereas their Lingwulong was in 1:35 scale. So the Camarasaurus would work both ways. If the outcome of this would be that PNSO really goes bold and makes more 1:35 sauropods and maybe even large ones, this would be just great.

Turkeysaurus

What's disappointing 1/35rs can't count on PNSO for large sauropods. I'd buy from another company instead of hoping from PNSO.

By the way there is a 15 Euro difference  when i check on Aliexpress. (Obviously neighter of them send to my country so i can't see shipping price)

Worth is depends on taste & passion for item. It's subjective but still i wanna hear how much difference would still make it worth it?

Carnoking

He's already old news, but I just got Mateo in the other day.

Say what you will about PNSO releasing all these related animals in such quick succession but at least these 4 make for a colorful quartet! Which one is your favorite?

Mateo and Mila
Spoiler

[close]

Mateo and Mungo
Spoiler

[close]

Mateo and Lucas
Spoiler

[close]

Turkeysaurus

Tyrannotitan Mapusaurus Meraxes..

Mapusaurus has largest size and natural color. Great choice if you don't want to pay extra for Giganotosaurus.

Meraxes has best colors but small as it should be.

Tyrannotitan has best of both worlds. Not as small as Meraxes and not as plain as Mapusaurus.

So i bought Tyrannotitan. I display it as Giganotosaurus. (Less money, better colors, similar size)
Sometimes i wish i had Mapu though instead of Tyrannotitan.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: