News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy8wizard

To be quite honest the Camarasaurus and Lufengosaurus makes the lack of figures this year worth it for me.

SidB

Quote from: crazy8wizard on September 28, 2024, 06:51:40 PMTo be quite honest the Camarasaurus and Lufengosaurus makes the lack of figures this year worth it for me.
It's been a bit of a surprise for a lot of us to experience that slowdown,  avatar_crazy8wizard @crazy8wizard , but also an opportunity to play catch-up for figures that we hadn't gotten around to acquiring. Meanwhile, yeah, those two are gems, for sure.

Sim

Despite the lower number of releases so far, I think this is the best year for PNSO figures so far.  I love the Lufengosaurus and Baryonyx from PNSO this year!

crazy8wizard

Quote from: SidB on September 28, 2024, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: crazy8wizard on September 28, 2024, 06:51:40 PMTo be quite honest the Camarasaurus and Lufengosaurus makes the lack of figures this year worth it for me.
It's been a bit of a surprise for a lot of us to experience that slowdown,  avatar_crazy8wizard @crazy8wizard , but also an opportunity to play catch-up for figures that we hadn't gotten around to acquiring. Meanwhile, yeah, those two are gems, for sure.

I've never been a completionist for most figures, but I do understand how this can be jarring if you're used to a lot of figures. Personally, I much prefer a slow pace with lots of variety over completing whole families by releasing a bunch of similar figures all clumped together like last year.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Honestly I get the feeling that pnso rushed their production schedule to drop their lipped theropods as soon as possible, and now have to slow down a bit to catch up.

Faelrin

avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo Considering the onslaught of carcharodontosaurs and tyrannosaurs from last year, I think this tracks.

Despite the lower number of releases, there's been better diversity this time around.

2023 only had 1 sauropod, 1 ornithischian, with the rest being theropods (13), while this year has offered 2 sauropodomorphs, 1 ornithopod, 1 thyreophoran, and 2 theropods.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.