News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo - New for 2024

Started by Faelrin, March 22, 2024, 07:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiversaurus

That's a good looking Iguanodon! Do we know what scale these are in?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Quiversaurus on September 02, 2024, 02:02:48 PMThat's a good looking Iguanodon! Do we know what scale these are in?
It varies, but for the Iguanodon, the Dinotales version was about 1:72. I'd expect this one to be similar.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

brettnj

The CQ is very slightly larger than the original Dinotales version.

Please PM if interested in anything from Japan.

Thanks.
Brett

Flaffy

Quote from: brettnj on September 04, 2024, 02:26:44 PMThe CQ is very slightly larger than the original Dinotales version.

Please PM if interested in anything from Japan.

Thanks.
Brett

Also worth noting that these newer CQ Kaiyodos are made of a more solid sturdy material, compared to the more fragile/rigid plastic used in the older dinotales.

Fembrogon

I have the last release of this set, and in my opinion it's very good overall (cough).

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 03, 2024, 08:18:07 PM
Quote from: Quiversaurus on September 02, 2024, 02:02:48 PMThat's a good looking Iguanodon! Do we know what scale these are in?
It varies, but for the Iguanodon, the Dinotales version was about 1:72. I'd expect this one to be similar.

Most of the figures are around 10 cm (4 in) long, so the Iguanodon would fit anywhere between 1:70 to 1:100 or more depending on how large of a specimen you base it on.

brettnj

The iguanodon is 3 3/8" (I had mine next to me when I read this...).

I can of course get it and anything else from Japan...
Brett

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.