News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DINO DREAM: New for 2024

Started by blnadal, January 23, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lana has the Baby Rex and first LW raptor in the window pieces up for preorder.

Baby Rex : https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/dino-dream/products/dd011

Raptor : https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/dino-dream/products/dd012

I hope the paint on the raptor stays the same. The baby Rex looks too bright green like the male Rex.

blnadal

Carnoking

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on August 19, 2024, 02:17:41 PMVariants?

That is what they are assuming on Facebook.  It also maybe a test or a poll ? They didn't give any details. I prefer the "light" one on top anyway.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2024, 02:59:39 PM

That is what they are assuming on Facebook.  It also maybe a test or a poll ? They didn't give any details. I prefer the "light" one on top anyway.

I wonder if the lower one is meant to be a "night time" variant to play into the whole final battle motif they're doing with these three releases.

That said, if it is indeed a test, I too would hope for the top version as it feels more accurate to what we see in the film.

Nanmu better hurry with theirs if I'm to choose between them!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on August 19, 2024, 03:03:19 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2024, 02:59:39 PM

I wonder if the lower one is meant to be a "night time" variant to play into the whole final battle motif they're doing with these three releases.

That said, if it is indeed a test, I too would hope for the top version as it feels more accurate to what we see in the film.

Nanmu better hurry with theirs if I'm to choose between them!

Exactly.

I think Nanmu decided to move forward with one after seeing DD announce one, they do need to move quickly, though they are already trying something unique with the battle damage add on.

blnadal

Carnoking

Blade-of-the-Moon

It might be the angle, but  I think neck on the Rex is too long. Can't recall if it's too long in the film or not.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like they nailed the blind eye.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lanatime posted this :

QuotePRE-ORDER!!!
DINO DREAM 1/30 Scale Therizinosaurus
Size: 13" L(330MM) X 5.5" W(140MM) X 6.5" H(165MM)
Material: Mixed Material, the figure can stand for a long time on the base without its legs softening. Its body is semi-hollow, and it can stand alone briefly when detached from the base, but prolonged standing cannot be guaranteed.
Price: 119.99 USD, excluding shipping costs(US SHIPPING $30 )
Please click the link on our home page to search for "Therizinosaurus" or order it directly via Order Link(www.lanatime-shop.com/products/dd014)
We accept credit card and paypal payments on our website. kindly select your preferred payment method during checkout. thank you!
We also have eBay, AliExpress and Amazon stores, if you need them, please DM us.

I'm a little confused on what the part about standing means?  If I'm reading that right, off the base it can't stand very long, on the base it can stand longer but not forever?

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

In addition to the question of standing I mentioned above, a few of the feathers about the shoulders and back look a bit..smooth?

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 02, 2024, 06:32:56 AMIn addition to the question of standing I mentioned above, a few of the feathers about the shoulders and back look a bit..smooth?
About standing, I have no idea but it is something to be worried..
And yea! The feathers are smooth as hell, way worse then a USD120 figure would be

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 02, 2024, 06:32:56 AMIn addition to the question of standing I mentioned above, a few of the feathers about the shoulders and back look a bit..smooth?

Glad it's not just me. Love the pose, and the colors are there, but the sculpt work on the feathers feels incredibly rudimentary.

blnadal

Quote from: Carnoking on September 02, 2024, 09:38:57 PM

Glad it's not just me. Love the pose, and the colors are there, but the sculpt work on the feathers feels incredibly rudimentary.
for me, even the paint job isn't the best, and after the Giga situation, sadly I don't really trust DD

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think we need to address all this on their FB.

Also the new Rex has that much shorter neck I think?

I would be kinda upset if I had bought the previous one and then they made this.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm I only saw one version on Lana's page.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: