News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

AAA's dinosaurs

Started by tyrantqueen, November 29, 2012, 03:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

AAA factory was sold to new owner so maybe molds still exist with new owner
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Blackdanter

I managed to find that mysterious AAA Rex figure in the loft. Someone asked about this a long while back. I sourced a couple of these many years ago now (along with some other rare AAA dinosaurs and lizards) direct from China. As far as I'm aware, this figure never went into full production and only went as far as a test molding run. Once the figure was discontinued, the moldings found their way from the factory into the Chinese domestic clearance market along with quite a lot of other old AAA factory stock. I'm pretty sure that I sold or traded the second figure to someone here on DTF so there is another out there (these were the only two examples of this figure that were ever offered or located via those sources). I would imagine that a number would have been sold in China so there must be more out there. Both examples I had were unpainted, they didn't get that far I guess.

Sure, he's no PNSO, but he is awesomely retro.

EmperorDinobot

The pictures are not showing up, unfortunately.

Blackdanter

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on June 06, 2022, 12:26:52 PMThe pictures are not showing up, unfortunately.

Hello EmperorDinobot. Hope you're doing well. Curious. They show at this end. Not sure what the issue is.

ceratopsian

This is the case for me too - I just see a grey "no entry" sign.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on June 06, 2022, 12:26:52 PMThe pictures are not showing up, unfortunately.

Blackdanter

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 06, 2022, 02:17:59 PMThis is the case for me too - I just see a grey "no entry" sign.

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 06, 2022, 02:17:59 PMThis is the case for me too - I just see a grey "no entry" sign.

Makes no sense to me. I've just tested each link in three other sites online and they work just fine from those. the links work just fine on FB as well. The images show as posted from here (my access). That said, I've used a mobile device and checked all of my posts and none of the images are showing.

Blackdanter

Quote from: Blackdanter on June 06, 2022, 02:44:32 PM

Makes no sense to me. I've just tested each link in three other sites online and they work just fine from those. the links work just fine on FB as well. The images show as posted from here (my access). That said, I've used a mobile device and checked all of my posts and none of the images are showing.
Should be fixed. I've used a hosting site recommended by another member which seems to have worked.

Duna

That's a cool retro tyrannosaurus!

Blackdanter

Quote from: Duna on June 06, 2022, 03:36:12 PMThat's a cool retro tyrannosaurus!
Thanks Duna. I'm so relieved that I've solved the image posting issues!

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blackdanter on June 06, 2022, 11:42:12 AMI managed to find that mysterious AAA Rex figure in the loft. Someone asked about this a long while back. I sourced a couple of these many years ago now (along with some other rare AAA dinosaurs and lizards) direct from China. As far as I'm aware, this figure never went into full production and only went as far as a test molding run. Once the figure was discontinued, the moldings found their way from the factory into the Chinese domestic clearance market along with quite a lot of other old AAA factory stock. I'm pretty sure that I sold or traded the second figure to someone here on DTF so there is another out there (these were the only two examples of this figure that were ever offered or located via those sources). I would imagine that a number would have been sold in China so there must be more out there. Both examples I had were unpainted, they didn't get that far I guess.

Sure, he's no PNSO, but he is awesomely retro.

He has better oral tissue than any PNSO theropod at least
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

EmperorDinobot

I have never seen an AAA prototype before. This is truly fascinating. Thank you for sharing.

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: docronnie on February 04, 2013, 10:15:02 AMI like your AAA Pachycephalosaurus, Zopteryx!  Thanks for the email!  :)

I recently got the following and would like to know what year they were made.  Thanks in advance!

Toothy Dimetrodon

Toothy Stegosaurus (?)

Baby Triceratops

Baby Stegosaurus

Dimetrodon

Parasaurolophus

Stegosaurus

Triceratops

:)

The first Dimetrodon and Stegosaurus were released in 1978. They were released with four other models: an Iguanodon, a Triceratops, a Diplodocus and a Sauropelta. The blue Dimetrodon, the second Stegosaurus and the hatching dinos are from a line that was released in the very early 1990's.

Blackdanter

I've just posted this unusual AAA set on my collection thread but it's just as relevant here. I had two sets originally but traded the other a few years back. I've never seen them offered since. The Triceratops is quite odd in that he's bowed down as a dog does when waiting for a stick to be thrown.

Duna

avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter That's a super rare complete set. Those medium figures are rarer than the older ones.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.