News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

AAA's dinosaurs

Started by tyrantqueen, November 29, 2012, 03:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I know there is already an AAA thread, but it's for mammals. Anyone own AAA's dinosaurs?

I have two, their Tyrannosaurus and Ceratosaurus. I admit to being a big fan of AAA, but dinos aren't their strong point. They're pretty cool figures when you see them as retro models though :)

I am thinking about getting their Allosaurus model, the one with the crocodilian like scutes along its back. I always thought that was a great model :)
I like their old 80s style dromeosaurus, just because it's so bad it's good ;)

SBell

You might like their weird Utahraptor, which looks like a somewhat repurposed Dilophosaurus!

Although I have had several over the years, I don't have most of them anymore, and don't hold on to them (they are turned into sandbox toys for the kids).  However, someday I hope to come across a Gallimimus, just because ornithomimids aren't that common as figures, and it doesn't seem too bad.

Takama

All I have is there Ceratoesaurus.

I got it while i was in London in a small toyshop in the Ritch part of town. 8)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on November 29, 2012, 06:19:41 PM

What's your opinion on the AAA Dilophosaurus? Love it or hate it?

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 29, 2012, 06:44:28 PM

It seems too lightly built--more like a Liliensternus or Syntarsus.

Jetoar

Quote from: SBell on November 29, 2012, 07:00:46 PM

It seems too lightly built--more like a Liliensternus or Syntarsus.

I think the same that you friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Horridus

I had some AAA models as a kid, including that "Allosaurus" with the Invicta-style crocodilian scutes down the back. I'm amazed it's still around!

Regarding the Dilophosaurus, its resemblance to Liliensternus might not be a coincidence. It looks a bit like it's based on an illustration of said dinosaur that appeared in Dinosaurs! magazine (again, in the early '90s!).

Don't AAA make some hatching eggs? Does anyone have any of them?
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Takama

Personally, I like it better then some other models of the species (evean if it looks like Liliensternus). 

To bad i dont own it yet. But i might someday

SBell

Quote from: Horridus on November 29, 2012, 08:11:42 PM
I had some AAA models as a kid, including that "Allosaurus" with the Invicta-style crocodilian scutes down the back. I'm amazed it's still around!

Regarding the Dilophosaurus, its resemblance to Liliensternus might not be a coincidence. It looks a bit like it's based on an illustration of said dinosaur that appeared in Dinosaurs! magazine (again, in the early '90s!).

They make a whole variety of hatching and hatchling figures. Don't have any though. But I've seen them in a lot of stores.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on November 29, 2012, 08:19:25 PM
Quote from: Horridus on November 29, 2012, 08:11:42 PM

They make a whole variety of hatching and hatchling figures. Don't have any though. But I've seen them in a lot of stores.
They look very retro and dated :) AAA obviously used reptile and lizard eggs as reference, rather than bird eggs.

ZoPteryx

AAA hatchling Stegosaurus to the left.  It's for sale btw. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have a few of the hatchling dinos and the " Utahraptor " Dinamation Dilophosaurus which is my favorite one by them. :)

tyrantqueen

I thought it was interesting that AAA made a set of baby dinosaurs, which "borrowed" their colour schemes from various Battat toys. The baby sauropod used the colour scheme from Battat Miragaia, for example. I don't have a pic at the moment, by they do pop up from time to time on eBay.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 30, 2012, 09:10:43 AM
I thought it was interesting that AAA made a set of baby dinosaurs, which "borrowed" their colour schemes from various Battat toys. The baby sauropod used the colour scheme from Battat Miragaia, for example. I don't have a pic at the moment, by they do pop up from time to time on eBay.
I am lost again, I thought the Battat piece was a Stegosaurus albeit with too many tail spikes? Is it now being called a Miragaia?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerzā€”Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 30, 2012, 10:27:34 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 30, 2012, 09:10:43 AM
I am lost again, I thought the Battat piece was a Stegosaurus albeit with too many tail spikes? Is it now being called a Miragaia?
Whoops, I meant to say maiasaura :-[ Sorry, it was past my bedtime when I wrote that.

docronnie

I like your AAA Pachycephalosaurus, Zopteryx!  Thanks for the email!  :)

I recently got the following and would like to know what year they were made.  Thanks in advance!

Toothy Dimetrodon

Toothy Stegosaurus (?)

Baby Triceratops

Baby Stegosaurus

Dimetrodon

Parasaurolophus

Stegosaurus

Triceratops

:)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Jetoar

I am looking my figure of dimetrodon, because is different that this model  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

docronnie

Quote from: Jetoar on February 04, 2013, 03:22:26 PM
I am looking my figure of dimetrodon, because is different that this model  ^-^.

Can you post a photo of your dimetrodon?

Jetoar

Quote from: docronnie on February 04, 2013, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on February 04, 2013, 03:22:26 PM

Can you post a photo of your dimetrodon?

Yes, I can. This is my Dimetrodon  ^-^.

I think that the blue veiled figure is a Spinosaur  ^-^.

docronnie

Nice Dimetrodon you have there, Jetoar.  It seems yours is more updated, probably from ELC (Early Learning Center).

All four figures including the blue Dimetrodon are labeled with their respective names under their bellies, so it's not a Spinosaurus, although I did see it as a Spinosaurus when I grabbed it, until I looked at its label.

I believe these figures were made in the 70's to the 80's.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: