News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

gifts from this x-mas

Started by Takama, December 27, 2012, 05:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Titile says it.    What did you receive for this christmass other then dinosaurs.

For me. I got a Playstation Vita

paleoferroequine

Woo hoo!  I got an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!!!!!  Oh, not really, shucks.  I really got  "A Field Guide to Mesozoic Birds" by M. Martyniuk.  And I also got "Dogs: Their Fossil Relatives & Evolutionary History" by Xiaoming Wang & Richard Tedford.  Probably a better choice and I won't shoot my eye out. ;)

Weaver

Yeah, talk about smart choices. My parents decided that as an art-student and maybe someday a sculptor that I needed a Master Mechanic 100-pc Rotary Tool-Kit. Power-tools!

And I got a tea-kettle (KitchenAid), gift-cards, a newly done up collection of The Martian Chronicles/The Golden Apples of the Sun/The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury from B&N. Also, got a real Swiss Army Knife. Mom had one when she was 23 and so I got one.  New Wacom Graphics Tablet. It's more of 'Things I Need' for Christmas this year. XD

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Weaver on December 28, 2012, 02:53:18 AM
Yeah, talk about smart choices. My parents decided that as an art-student and maybe someday a sculptor that I needed a Master Mechanic 100-pc Rotary Tool-Kit. Power-tools!

Mmmmm.... Power tools, is there anything that they can't do?  Them and bacon. Mmmmm... bacon.
But, really, I have a Dremel tool and use it a lot to shred vinyl volunteers and reassemble them.  Useful for carving too.  Is it a variable speed?

ajax

Quote from: paleoferroequine on December 28, 2012, 03:21:50 AM
Quote from: Weaver on December 28, 2012, 02:53:18 AM

Mmmmm.... Power tools, is there anything that they can't do?  Them and bacon. Mmmmm... bacon.
But, really, I have a Dremel tool and use it a lot to shred vinyl volunteers and reassemble them.  Useful for carving too.  Is it a variable speed?

Speaking of Bacon, I made Wasabi and mushy pea dip and served it with crunchy bacon strips, It was even better than I imagined. I didn't use much wasabi as I can't handle the heat but love the taste.

Weaver

Yes it is Paleoferroequine. 3 speeds. It's not going to be for horribly heavy-duty stuff but I'm still excited to own my very own. I have to admit that since I now own my own rotary tool... I'm tempted to tear a figure apart b-but I'm not sure if I can stomach the horror of dismembering one.

Bacon? Hold up. I made chocolate brownies with a checkerboard of cooked crispy bacon then drizzled it with chocolate. I wish I had pictures but the family ate the brownies before I thought to take a picture. XD

deanm

I got the two great books. Neither related to pterosaurs or dinosaurs.

Sarraceniaceae of North America by Stewart McPherson and Donald Schnell
http://www.redfernnaturalhistory.com/books/name/sarraceniaceae_of_north_america

Sarraceniaceae of South America by Stewart McPherson, Andreas Wistuba, Andreas Fleischmann and Joachim Nerz
http://www.redfernnaturalhistory.com/books/name/sarraceniaceae_of_south_america

Both are wonderful, well illustrated technical treatments of the Sarraceniaceae.

Feeding my carnivorous plant addiction....   :)

Weaver

Wow cool Deanm, those look like really neat book with awesome illustrations. :D

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: paleoferroequine on December 27, 2012, 06:01:33 AM
Woo hoo!  I got an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!!!!!

Did you shoot your eye out?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.