News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Callophrys's collection

Started by Callophrys, January 23, 2021, 03:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

It is impressive that Eofauna triceratops (the two versions of painting) I am honestly going to order the two versions from urzeitshop, it seems that the white of the face is made of ivory, the two Eofauna figures are sublime, its painting and sculpture are perfect. Sincerely and fortunately, as you comment on those figures, holding them physically in hand, by far the ugly promotional photos of Eofauna are by far, these figures by far one of the best representations of triceratops made throughout the history of the toy dinosaur, it would have to go back to 70 80 years ago. Thank you for your photographs and my sincere congratulations. You take home a work of paleo art and the world of the dinosaur toy totally with honor plate

Callophrys

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! You won't be disappointed with these figures, they are as you say, works of art!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Callophrys on March 14, 2021, 08:56:14 PM
Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! You won't be disappointed with these figures, they are as you say, works of art!

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys Not just works of art, wonders of nature! That color I emphasize again, white resembles an ivory color. Honestly, it is to have some authentic figure gems and at a real bargain price within how expensive many toy dinosaur figures are. Totally tempting figures for any dinosaur collector.

Halichoeres

It's a very nice sculpture. I sprang for the other color version but haven't gotten around to photographing it yet.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Callophrys

My PNSO Allosaurus arrived this morning, so I spent a bit of time getting some photos:

It's a beautiful sculpt, and I like the colour scheme, with the pale green base colour shading to orange on the tail. As seems to be the case with PNSO theropods, the teeth are painted very indifferently, although this is easy enough to put right. More annoyingly, the feet are misaligned (also the case with my other 2 PNSO theropods), so that with the right foot flat, the left foot only touches the ground with a single toe-tip. I've tried to heat up and re-position the feet on both my Qianzhousaurus & T. rex, but they always revert to their original pose. Does anyone have any tips on how to do this so the feet stay in their new position?

Shonisaurus

Magnificent photographs (I take particular note when taking correct photos) I like this allosaurus is superior to its counterpart qianzhousaurus, in terms of quality, artistic and scientific beauty. He has lips from what I see. My congratulations, as I have already told you and sincerely, it is a very tempting figure like all the figures shown in the DTF related to dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.

Callophrys

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus! I rather enjoy photographing my figures, it certainly shows just how detailed they are.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys True, your figures are masterful and perfectly indicate how detailed those PNSO figures are, for example.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Callophrys

My GR Carcharodontosaurus finally arrived this week! It's a beautiful figure; superbly detailed and a masterful paint job, worthy of a much more expensive figure.

My only niggle is the feet; like my PNSO theropods, the feet aren't flat on the ground. In fact, on the right foot, only the outer claw is touching the ground. Hopefully these can be repositioned after warming them.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys  Magnificent acquisition, honestly that figure should really cost more, the painting details are typical of works by masters of repainting like Martin Garratt for example. What an interesting figure. My congratulations.

Callophrys

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus you are absolutely correct, this is a paint job worthy of a far more expensive figure, and your comparison with Martin Garret's work is quite apt.

Halichoeres

Very nice photos as usual, this is a real work of art.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Callophrys

I've just added some PNSO therapods to my collection. Firstly I got the Torvosaurus and Suchomimus, taking advantage of the PNSO sale on Aliexpress. They're both superb figures, and I especially like the splash of colour on the crest of the Suchomimus.

Then while the sale was still on, I ordered the Meraxes and Giganotosaurus. I absolutely love the colour scheme and bold pattern of the Meraxes, but the QC on the figure could have been better; there's a couple of spots where the colour wash has been missed, and an abraded section on the left-hand side of the mandible (although it's barely visible to my eyes at least!). The GIganotosaurus however is stunning, with no discernable flaws that I can see. On both figures the modelling & painting of the teeth is also far superior to PNSO's earlier therapods. I'm not sure if I'll get the Mapusaurus though, which was released just after I'd placed my order for Meraxes & Giga.

SidB

Love the quality of the photos, avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys . I know that it's been said before, but I'll say it again! BTW, you may find that the Mapusaurus goes on sale at a later date. It's not too shabby either.

Callophrys

Quote from: SidB on April 01, 2023, 05:42:15 PMLove the quality of the photos, avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys . I know that it's been said before, but I'll say it again! BTW, you may find that the Mapusaurus goes on sale at a later date. It's not too shabby either.

Thanks S @SidB! I may well end up getting the Mapusaurus, as it's an impressive-looking figure with an interesting pose.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.