You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Callophrys's collection

Started by Callophrys, January 23, 2021, 03:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

As everyone has said, what a good start to your collection. I'm interested to read that you used photostacking. It's certainly given you good results. I know people who use it for flower close-ups but I don't think I would have the patience myself. I'd be interested to know how long it took you to create the Tuojiangisaurus finished photo!

Wallnut

Welcome to Forum.I reconmend this pteranodon: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Schleich_16416_Pteranodon After all it's a nice pteranodon.

Tyto_Theropod

Welcome to the forum! :)  That's already a beautiful collection, very nicely displayed, and good crisp photography and lighting too.  I look forward to seeing more.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Callophrys

Quote from: Subduction on January 26, 2021, 01:09:01 AM
Welcome to the forum! Your collection's off to a really good start! Just, oh gosh. It really goes to show how important quality is over quantity. I also really love the photography too. Your pics look so good!

I'm looking forward to seeing your collection expand as well, even if your bank account might be unhappy about that, haha! :D

Thanks S @Subduction! Hopefully my PNSO Pinacosaurus  will be arriving tomorrow!

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 26, 2021, 09:08:38 AM
As everyone has said, what a good start to your collection. I'm interested to read that you used photostacking. It's certainly given you good results. I know people who use it for flower close-ups but I don't think I would have the patience myself. I'd be interested to know how long it took you to create the Tuojiangisaurus finished photo!

Thanks avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! The Tuojiangosaurus took around 20 minutes in total, of which 5 minutes was taking the photos and the remainder processing & stacking. While my PC was doing that though I was photographing the next figure. My other major hobby is close-up photography of insects, so plenty of patience is a must! Photostacking is much easier with a static model than with an insect outdoors, where a slight breeze can ruin a whole sequence!

Quote from: Triton TR on January 26, 2021, 10:30:17 AM
Welcome to Forum.I reconmend this pteranodon: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Schleich_16416_Pteranodon After all it's a nice pteranodon.

Thanks avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR! That's a nice figure, unfortunately I see it's discontinued.

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 26, 2021, 03:03:42 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)  That's already a beautiful collection, very nicely displayed, and good crisp photography and lighting too.  I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod! I'm looking forward to a photoshoot with the Pinacosaurus when it arrives.

ceratopsian

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys - thank you for satisfying my curiosity.  20 minutes is far less than I had visualised.

Faelrin

You're off to a most excellent start it seems. Also welcome to the forum.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Wallnut

avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys it goess around for 15 dolars in ebay  and its not very rare.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Triton TR on February 01, 2021, 12:28:10 PM
avatar_Callophrys @Callophrys it goess around for 15 dolars in ebay  and its not very rare.
in the US perhaps, but many things that show up often on US ebay are much rarer elsewhere
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Callophrys

I spent this morning getting some better photos of the two latest additions to my collection, the PNSO Machairoceratops & Pachyrhinosaurus:

As you'd expect from PNSO they're both beautiful, very detailed figures.

And here's my growing collection:

I'm going to need a bigger shelf!

SidB

Wow, the detail and precision of the paint application really holds up well, even as you zoom in.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

They are lovely, in one case I know from experience. I would recommend you should have bought the Pachyrhinosaurus from Everything Dinosaursl rather than aliexpress though, you would also know exactly when it arrives too.

The Machairoceratops figure is much larger than I originally thought it was.
Very nice little collection.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Very nice. I find that taking photographs of my figures makes me attend to details that I would miss if I were to just plant them directly on the shelf.

Speaking of shelves, this is a very familiar problem:
Quote from: Callophrys on February 13, 2021, 01:00:28 PM

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Callophrys

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 13, 2021, 03:08:06 PM
They are lovely, in one case I know from experience. I would recommend you should have bought the Pachyrhinosaurus from Everything Dinosaursl rather than aliexpress though, you would also know exactly when it arrives too.

The Machairoceratops figure is much larger than I originally thought it was.
Very nice little collection.

Thanks avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx . Yes, I could have bought the Pachyrhinosaurus from ED, but since I was getting the Machairoceratops from AliExpress anyway it made sense to get both at the same time. It also worked out rather cheaper than ED.
The Machairoceratops figure is approximately the same length as the Pachyrhinosaurus but is considerably less bulky. It feels about half the weight of the Pachyrhinosaurus.

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 13, 2021, 08:08:50 PM
Very nice. I find that taking photographs of my figures makes me attend to details that I would miss if I were to just plant them directly on the shelf.

Speaking of shelves, this is a very familiar problem:
Quote from: Callophrys on February 13, 2021, 01:00:28 PM

Thanks avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres. Yes, being able to view the photos on a large screen helps me appreciate just how detailed these figures are.

Callophrys

Here's some better photos of my newest addition, the Nanmu Giganotosaurus:

The size, detail, and paint job make it worth every penny of its price tag!

SenSx

Amazing pictures of an amazing figure.
Love this blue version.

I still ordered it despite my issue with its big size.
I'm just not going to showcase it near my other dinos and Nanmu Rex.

Callophrys

Quote from: SenSx on February 20, 2021, 05:33:59 PM
Amazing pictures of an amazing figure.
Love this blue version.

I still ordered it despite my issue with its big size.
I'm just not going to showcase it near my other dinos and Nanmu Rex.

Thanks avatar_SenSx @SenSx! You won't regret buying this!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your latest acquisitions, the PNSO pachyrhinosaurus and machairoceratops come out highly favored in these photos. I am honestly very interested in the machairoceratops.

On the other hand that giganotosaurus is great! My two color versions are ordered on lacitedesnuages.be I can't wait to see those wonders! You have chosen the most exotic version of Nanmu's giganotosaurus when it comes to painting.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Centrosaur86

Very nice! Nanmu is the best! I want that tiger stripe one :))

Callophrys

I absolutely love my new Eofauna Triceratops! It's such a beautiful dynamic looking figure, and displays so well with the PNSO Winter Wilson. Frankly, Eofauna's promo pictures didn't do it justice.

Here's a close-up of the head:

In frontal view it really looks like it's squaring up to something, either a rival male or an unwise predator, with those wide-set forelimbs:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: