You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Pet Dinosaur (more like my Pet Mutant)

Started by Takama, April 04, 2017, 01:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok so this has got my attantion on Facebook.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGKgxNLnME

ITs made by the Same people who made Dinosaur Island in 2014, but i dont think they took the design of the creature as sereoiusly as they should of this time.

Lets hope we dont get Kids Asking Safari to make one of this Freaks

stargatedalek

Well that looks terrible.

Stranger Things copy much.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CrypticPrism

Awww, reminds me of The Water Horse.

Wait.....

Okay, this is a blatant ripoff.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

The Atroxious

I saw that a few weeks ago when browsing movie trailers on YouTube. I have so many problems with that trailer alone that one day I'll inevitably have to watch it just for some cathartic nitpicking.

BlueKrono

Quote from: The Atroxious on April 04, 2017, 02:15:02 AM
I saw that a few weeks ago when browsing movie trailers on YouTube. I have so many problems with that trailer alone that one day I'll inevitably have to watch it just for some cathartic nitpicking.

That actually sounds fun. Nitpicking buddy...?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ZoPteryx

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 04, 2017, 02:13:19 AM
Awww, reminds me of The Water Horse.

Wait.....

Okay, this is a blatant ripoff.

I agree, the plot and even some aspects of the creature are nearly identical!

The Atroxious

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 04, 2017, 03:43:18 AM
Quote from: The Atroxious on April 04, 2017, 02:15:02 AM

That actually sounds fun. Nitpicking buddy...?

Of course!

CityRaptor

I guess calling it My Pet Monster/Dragon would cause less issues, although it seems to be based on an Ornithopod or maybe Psittacosaur.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Brontozaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 04, 2017, 01:15:01 AM
Well that looks terrible.

Stranger Things copy much.

I've been seeing ads for this thing on facebook for way before Stranger Things happened. It's definitely in the same mold as the 80s kids adventure movies Stranger Things draws from, but it definitely doesn't look to be the same quality...
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

SpartanSquat

Recently I know the same VFX company that made Dinosaur Island is the same of this movie. I hope the acting wont be bad like Dinosaur Island

CrypticPrism

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 04, 2017, 09:28:06 AM
I guess calling it My Pet Monster/Dragon would cause less issues, although it seems to be based on an Ornithopod or maybe Psittacosaur.

Nope, looks like a dragon to me.

Also, stranger things was AMAZING.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

ZoPteryx

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 04, 2017, 09:28:06 AM

Or maybe a very poorly interpreted Styracosaurus.  :P

stargatedalek

Is the concept that it's a generic Psittacosaurus that becomes a Styracosaurus? I'm not sure if that makes the design more forgivable or not.

Neosodon

A shimmery blue dinosaur with tentacles and a sail? You really got to appreciate the amount of scientific accuracy that goes into dinosaur movies these days. Maybe a real dinosaur would be to big of a shock for the audience to handle.

I like the concept for the movie though. I've always wanted a pet dinosaur.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

The Atroxious

Quote from: Neosodon on April 05, 2017, 05:50:23 PM
I like the concept for the movie though. I've always wanted a pet dinosaur.

I hear parrots and finches are quite popular and easy to find in the pet trade.

BlueKrono

Don't forget the basilisk sail? Or Dimetrodon? Who knows. I bet the reason they made a hybrid rather than just one realistic dinosaur was to skirt criticism about accuracy. "That tooth is out of place!" "More feathers!" 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.