News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tytyvyllvs' Collection

Started by Tytyvyllvs, June 14, 2018, 10:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tytyvyllvs

Spoiler
Edit (11/07/18): This post is now a masterlist for the figures in my collection. What follows here is the original first post in this thread. :)

I haven't collected dinosaur toys since I was very little, largely because I prefer super-articulated figures to static ones and dinosaurs historically haven't had a great wealth of the former! Naturally, when David Silva's 'Beasts of the Mesozoic' line went up on Kickstarter, I had to back it. Finally got my raptors in hand this month and... I love them. Ideally, I'd like to get the whole line, but that'll depend on what my wallet says. ;D

At the time of writing this post, I'm still waiting on five raptors in the post. Here're the ones I've got thus far, all in individual pics as I've yet to find somewhere to display them~

[close]

Halichoeres

Good assortment! You're right that there aren't many good looking articulated dinosaur figures out there, but it wouldn't surprise me if BotM inspires copycats.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

You take good advantage of their pose-ability.  Nice photos.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions of 'Beasts of the Mesozoic' they are great. Both those figures and those of the JP franchise for my part are pending subjects when it comes to buying, although they are quite articulated they are pretty good figures.

Faelrin

Good selection there. The poses look interesting too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roselaar

Looking good! Hope to add these to my collection fairly soon. They look stunning! :)

Tytyvyllvs

Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

Parcelforce are being useless in actually delivering my raptors to me; finally got two of the ones I've been waiting for them to drop off for a couple of weeks, still got three for them to get to me whenever they get it together. :|

Here're the newbies!

Saurornitholestes is easily the cutest dino in the line - look at that li'l face!

Tytyvyllvs

The last of my BackerKit raptors is here! Got one more on the way, then I'll be casually picking up the last four plus nestlings and environment sets as and when. 8)

Adasaurus is one of my favourites, so much personality! Pyroraptor, on the other hand, is my least favourite so far - just a bit of a dull one.

Halichoeres

Adasaurus was probably the one I was most pleasantly surprised with. I thought the paint scheme looked nice but a bit blah when it was first revealed, but in hand it's really lovely.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Tytyvyllvs

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 11, 2018, 04:43:25 PM
Adasaurus was probably the one I was most pleasantly surprised with. I thought the paint scheme looked nice but a bit blah when it was first revealed, but in hand it's really lovely.
It's the most aggressive looking imo, love its manic expression!

Got my red Velociraptor today! Was gutted to have missed it before it sold out on Backerkit, so glad to have found one for sale on the secondary market.

Tytyvyllvs

Something a bit different today! Acquired this Billiken Rhedosaurus from avatar_UK @UK recently. He just arrived today and I'm very pleased to have him in my collection; he's more related to my movie monster/creature collection than my dinosaur one, but seeing as my interest in both dinosaurs and movie monsters is interwoven anyway, I think he deserves a place on this thread. ;D

Tytyvyllvs

Two new BotM raptors today! Oddly, the Saurornitholestes' left sickle claw is actually from a different species (note its stubby appearance compared to the correct right claw). To Creative Beast's credit, they got back to me lightning fast when I enquired about it and are sending me a replacement claw. :D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.