News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnoking's collection

Started by Carnoking, September 23, 2020, 11:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I've been on this forum for a while now, but I realize I've never shared my collection. I'll fix that now.

Got the Safari dinos here.

I keep the more scientific REBOR models here. I'm going to need more space for it soon enough.

The Carnegie section.

This is the CollectA corner. Don't have a lot of these guys, but I think I got some of the better ones here.

Got the Terra by Battat collection here. Earlier this summer when they went on sale for like 6 bucks a set, I decided to grab some open ones as well.

Then of course the original Battat stuff along with the new sculpts from the Terra line. Not everything is pictured here, I'll need to do a whole set photo shoot as soon as I get that v2 ceratosaurus. The diplodocus is the only one currently on my desk and away from the others, for obvious reasons.

Some Schleich stuff, not a lot.

And even less marine life figures.

This is where I keep the higher end scientific models, PNSO, Eofauna, Vitae, that sort of thing.

The big PNSO Chungkingosaurus wouldn't fit up on the shelf with the rest, so he's hanging out with the Favorite Co. brothers.

Then not far off, I've got Papo. They're the brand that started it all for me, so I wound up collecting them quite religiously almost.

Also got this random inbox spino not with the rest of the collection.

Then my desk is the Pop Culture zone, dinosaurs from the movies and what not. I got into dinosaurs because of film and television, so when I'm working I like to surround myself by the stuff that inspired me.

And speaking of Pop Culture, my closet's the Jurassic Zone. Got Mattel and Kenner stuff covering the shelves in there, as well as some random corners of the room. The worst part of it is, this isn't even all of the Mattel stuff. I've got about three tote bins of other MIB toys, mostly color variants and a few doubles, but yeah. There's too many!

Then of course, I've got Blue.

Glad I finally did this. I'll keep updating it as I go with some (hopefully) better pictures. If anything, this first round showed me that I really need to dust! Also really puts it into perspective... Maybe I need to rethink my life decisions. :P

Libraraptor

That is impressive!

The one picture with Schleich Apatosaurus looks funny! As If it is thoughtfully looking out of the window through those jalousies.

Loon

Seeing a lot of familiar faces here. ;)

Also, I love the display of all the Battat Terra boxes. Brings me back to ancient times of about 4 years ago when I first started collecting. Back when you could actually find dinosaur models outside of craft stores.

triceratops83

A really solid collection - I'm particularly impressed with the old school Safaris.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Faelrin

Now that's an impressive mix of stuff. Lots of new and old there. Love what I'm seeing.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PhilSauria

Whoa! - that is one seriously impressive collection! Thanks for sharing.

My wife is now used to the number of figures I have in this room (as long as they stay in this room and don't take over the house!) and I was looking at these images when she came in. her first reaction; "how much would all of that have cost?"

She has a point but I think with collectors, at least from my experience, the money is only the means to an end. You're only here once so enjoy yourself (within reason of course).

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking You have a very complete collection of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. My congratulations on your beautiful collection. Thanks for sharing.

Halichoeres

Nice, that's a hell of a collection! Very eclectic.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Carnoking

https://youtu.be/mHI8RBl8Ah0

Recently passed 2,000 subscribers on my channel. To celebrate, I threw together a collection showcase. A lot has changed since I first posted the images here, but sharing this link is easier than taking new photos!  ;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I've not watched your video, though I may do later ( I dpn't really like the medium for collections really), but I have only just noticed your thread, and have to say I like your collection and how you organise it, or at least how you did, I will check out your update.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

You have a colossal collection, thank you for sharing that video, it comes out in quality and beauty.

Eocarcharia

You have lots of great figures there, very nice collection.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.