You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Introducing myself to some, Re-introducing myself to others

Started by loru1588, August 28, 2014, 02:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loru1588

I posted this in Dinosaur kits when I first joined, I guess this would be a more appropriated venue. Hello everyone! I'd like to re-introduce myself to those of you who may remember me and introduce myself to those of you who don't. I'm Dan LoRusso owner & operator of The Dinosaur Studio. I have recently remolded the entire line of Dinosaur Studio resins which are available directly through me ( either at The Dinosaur Studio website, through my Dinosaur Studio Facebook page or through Dan's Dinosaurs website. I am the sculptor behind half the Battat Museum of Science Boston line of dinosaur toys as well as half the resins now available. The 1:10th Gorgosaurus is in the early stages of re-molding and will hopefully be available by late August / early September. All other kits are currently available. The 1:10th Tyrannosaurus was just roto-cast and castings will be made upon request. Cut the weight down almost 1/3 from the original 26 pounds!! I've been going through some major medical issues over the past 3 years and kind of lost touch with the dinosaur world. I recently got a major emotional boost from an old client and it has sparked the creative juices again!! Can't go into any real details yet, however watch your Target Stores come early fall!! Happy to be part of this group! I would like to post any pics you folks have of Dinosaur Studio kits that have been built up & painted on my websites giving you and the painter ( if not you ) full credit. Just email me the pics and info. By now I think most of you have seen the news about the new Terra Series Dan LoRusso Collection of dinosaurs by Battat. 4 are out with 2 more to follow any day. I am currently working on the 2nd set of 6 as well as getting masters ready for rebooting the former MOS Boston Series of dinosaurs by Battat from the 1990s. I'll be making revision where I can. Stay tuned! Thanks for having me!!

DinoToyForum

A belated welcome, Dan! It is a delight to have you on board.  8)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Glad you joined up bud! Your work has been appreciated here for quite awhile!

sepp

amargasaurus cazaui

Glad to see you here too Dan, always a pleasure. Nim said hi !!! Now we need to get Forest over here too !!! She said she was coming but never has.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Newt

Gwangi

Welcome to the site. New Battat figures any day now huh? Can't wait!

stoneage

:)  I'm looking forward to your future endeavors.  Hope things go better with your health in the future. Glad your back.

Takama

You already know I welcome you here to the Forum.     I already love your work in the Toy Industry, and I cant wait for the new Battats to come out.

docronnie

Hope you can still read this.  Thanks for replying to my post on your FB page.  I did get your new 4 dinosaur figures.  My Uncle Bob bought them from a nearby Target store in their place.

They are beautiful, according to him ....  :)

Can't wait to see them in October, when he comes home to Manila.  :)

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)