News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Australian Age of Dinosaurs from Minizoo

Started by triceratops83, May 12, 2015, 02:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Tha paint looks sloppy, the seams on the arms and legs are very visible, the crocodile-like osteoderms are generic and offputting, the mouth is barely painted, and it's lipless. The skull shape itself also reminds me of the larger dromaeosaurs a lot.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

KrazyKaprosuchus

Any chance of this line being revived past Banjo? I haven't kept up with news on it after I assumed it had died for good.

Faelrin

I hope this will still be around by next month or so. The fact this came back in stock after all this time is like a miracle. I'm absolutely stunned to see this come back in stock. I wonder why? It's excellent to see though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: KrazyKaprosuchus on May 07, 2022, 04:04:18 AMAny chance of this line being revived past Banjo? I haven't kept up with news on it after I assumed it had died for good.

I dunno! I had given up on it, but if this latest production run sells well, I'd expect Diamantinasaurus, Muttaburrasaurus, and Minmi/Kunbarrasaurus, like all their other sculptural products.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't checking the shipping status for my order every other day. I'm definitely tempted to try contacting them and seeing if they have any upcoming news or information about the line.

Fembrogon

My Banjo arrived this week! The package was looking a bit beat up, but the figure was intact.
I've been enjoying the figure immensely and having fun photographing it:

Spoiler

Updated copyright on the belly:

[close]

Overall I think this is a very good figure; it's sturdy and very detailed. The paint apps are mostly great, apart from the slightly sloppy eyes. The design is admittedly on the skinny side, but it does a good job disguising that with the highly detailed scale texture to avoid typical shrinkwrapping traits. Although my copy arrived with some warpage, some hot water quickly restored most parts back to proper shape. The figure is still a little sensitive about balance, however: it has some trouble standing on imperfectly level surfaces. For a $20 model, though (aside shipping), I feel I definitely got my money's worth.

Outdoor photoshoot!

Spoiler

[close]

There are no Diamantinasaurus figures around to hunt, so Banjo settled for harassing a Carnegie Saltasaurus.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on May 27, 2022, 12:03:52 PMI wish Minizoo would get some in. :(

iirc the Minizoo x AAOD deal fell through when the Australovenator had its first run? I don't recall the specifics though.

Fembrogon

I do recall Minizoo reporting (in this thread) that their deal had fallen through, although I don't think they elaborated on why. Maybe, hopefully, this restock will be an opportunity to renegotiate with more distributors and give this line more attention and availability.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Just got my banjo, but... they sent me the wrong one. I received a plushie when the receipt said figure on it. I wouldn't be so annoyed if I didn't have to wait another month, assuming they get back to me on that. :P

Fembrogon

Oh, NO. How on Earth did they mess that up? I hope the return/reshipment goes smoothly for you.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 28, 2022, 02:00:14 AMOh, NO. How on Earth did they mess that up? I hope the return/reshipment goes smoothly for you.
Thanks. I don't know what happened with it, but I can't seem to get in contact for now, hopefully later.
I'm just used to people messing up my orders nowadays  O:-)

Concavenator

Quote from: empire3569 on March 22, 2016, 10:40:10 PMAAOD told me Diamantinasaurus is next, and then Muttaburrasaurus

Even though this post is from 2016, I imagine it would still apply to today, if Banjo proves to be successful enough.

Halichoeres

If it's to the same scale as Banjo, Diamantinasaurus would be a pretty sizeable figure! I wonder if they'll scale it down to more like 1:35 or 1:40.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Hopefully they would scale it down and don't go the Dino Hazard route as in they applied the 1:20 scale for the Carcharodontosaurus too!

Either 1:35 or 1:40 would be fine. 1:35 would surely be more requested, but 1:40 would be fine as well (it would be in scale with the Eofauna sauropods as well as Battat figures).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.