News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lusotitan

I might be picking up the mini Carnotaurus later today, since I'll be at the toy store anyway. I was there a week or two ago and saw one there.

edit: I do indeed now have it. The detail really is there, and, all things considered, the accuracy is pretty good. There are definitely inneacuracies, but they're not the most glaring things ever, and there aren't to many of them.

Turret

Has anyone found those playsets yet? Schleichs official site says they should have been released by now

CityRaptor

So far I have seen:
Both Mini 4-Packs
Herbivore set
Velociraptor Hunt Set
Tyrannosaurus Hunt Set
"Vulcano" Set.
Another set with no name.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Turret

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to do some more hunting myself :)

Sumo

Well, I got the Carno and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really really like the little guy. Exceptionally well sculpted (for Schleich) and more personality than the rest of the series all put together.
Unwrapping him I briefly wondered whether Schleich had suddenly decided to fulfill their potential and make actual good dinos... then I unboxed his traveling companion, the Giganotosaurus.There is no way these two were sculpted by the same person, and the Giga is everything bad about Schleich wrapped up in one chrome-sprayed-beef-jerky-colored package. Wildly inaccurate, shrinkwrapped head and torso, proportions all wrong, made from that nasty soft plastic...
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Shonisaurus

Since then unfortunately giganotosaurus in manufacturing and much of prehistoric dinosaurs, Schleich is not doing well.

The Schleich Giganotosaurus is about bright colors and what I've noticed that the figures of Schleich especially midsize this line are made as wax or rubber.

The texture is typical of a toy for very young children.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Now normally I hate Schleich and wish they would just call it quits rather than dumping all their craposaurus on a public that doesn't know any better ("Schleich ist schlecht", I always say), but I have to say I am very pleased with the mini Quetzalcoatlus I just bought! It looks even better than the large figure, not only in coloration but the slightly modified sculpt looks a little more accurate too. I think I'm going to use it to represent a Eurazhdarcho next to my 1:40 scale models. :)

I kinda want to take points of for the coloration plagarization, but in all honesty it IS a very beautiful pattern. More so than the 2016 repaint. If you're going to steal, steal from the best, right?

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 17, 2014, 06:15:25 PM
I know where I have seen that pterosaur before...

>:D

sauroid

yesterday i went to the local Schleich distributor to check out the 2015 figures and maybe buy the Carnotaurus. the figures as expected were really average, so went straight for the Carno and i instantly changed my mind as soon as i had it in my hand. i wouldnt mind paying maybe $5 for it, but it was very expensive for a mediocre figure. i dont know why some people thought its a nice figure.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

pylraster

Quote from: sauroid on November 23, 2015, 07:55:07 AM
yesterday i went to the local Schleich distributor to check out the 2015 figures and maybe buy the Carnotaurus. the figures as expected were really average, so went straight for the Carno and i instantly changed my mind as soon as i had it in my hand. i wouldnt mind paying maybe $5 for it, but it was very expensive for a mediocre figure. i dont know why some people thought its a nice figure.

Different tastes. I wouldn't be bothered to pick it up myself, but maybe Schleich thinks it appeals to kids. And casual dinosaur fans.

I see Schleich as wasted potential. They can definitely do detail, and they have the global presence already. If only they put more effort into their dinosaur line, especially their theropods, they can really come out on top.

Come to think of it, is there any way we can reach out to Schleich?

CityRaptor

Given Schleich's marketing strategy and their overly loyal collectors, who pretty much will buy their products anyways, Schleich would probably not care.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

pylraster

Yeah I guess having them listen to us, it's like being able to punch the moon. :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.