News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Schleich is a rather irregular business. On the one hand it is great but kentrosaurus anhanguera is painful.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has received stocks of the new small Schleich dinosaur models including Velociraptor, T. rex, Triceratops, Therizinosaurus, Giganotosaurus and the Carnotaurus.

They can be found on line here: Schleich Dinosaurs

Everything_Dinosaur

Just in at Everything Dinosaur, the colourful new additions to the larger Schleich model series, the Giganotosaurus (orange) and the Spinosaurus (violet).  Both replicas have articulated lower jaws.

You can see the larger Schleich model range here: World of History (Schleich)

suspsy

I came across the new small dinosaurs at Chapters today. They're packed two to a box. The T. rex and the Velociraptor are in another set and the Therizinosaurus and Triceratops are in the last one.

And here is a shot of the Carnotaurus' elusive forelimbs.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Here is the New Spinosaurus

Honestly, its not too bad, despite coming out a year too late.

Shonisaurus

Schleich Spinosaurus this year looks terrific and I'm not in favor of this brand. From what I complain of is that these figures not only Schleich but the rest of the other dinosaur toy figures always go much later than what vendors tell us.

Ultimately for me it is a shame to tell us which are available on a certain date in July Schleich eg in catalogs and then have to wait one or two months. The same can be said of Collecta, Papo, Safari.

Moreover although I really like the figure of violet Spinosaurus I see quite small compared to the carnivore Giganotosaurus which is slightly smaller than the aforementioned animal.

terrorchicken

the arm on that spino is so misplaced...

Rathalosaurus

Got the small Carnotaurus, and I must say that he is better than I thought (Except for some smaller accuracy issues).
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

kreativtek

I stumbled upon Schleich's new dinosaurs when visiting a toy store recently. I was impressed by the Chasmosaurus, which is much bigger than I thought. It's a solid figure. As far as the rest is concerned, colourful paintjob and playful poses make them look more like toys than collectibles. This is probably a good thing given that Schleich figurines are produced mainly for children.

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on July 30, 2015, 07:59:31 PM
Got the small Carnotaurus, and I must say that he is better than I thought (Except for some smaller accuracy issues).

I've had my eye on that one, can you buy it by itself? Where did you get yours? Thanks
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

CityRaptor

It should be available on itself. Schleich just tends to make  also make sets with several figures. The Minis are available in 4-packs:

There is also another new set:

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rathalosaurus

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on July 31, 2015, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: Rathalosaurus on July 30, 2015, 07:59:31 PM

I've had my eye on that one, can you buy it by itself? Where did you get yours? Thanks

I bought it on a store here in Austria that is called ''Spielmann''.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

sauroid

the minis are available in the stores around here at $5.50 ea. i dont think they are worth the price tho.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

I saw it the figures in a Toys rus the last Thursday  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

The Carnotaurus is pretty cool and I'm glad to see it has arms, but I always assumed it did anyway. Aside from him though, meh...I got better stuff to collect.

pylraster

Derp. That Spinosaurus isn't worth it for me. I'll probably get a bootleg version if it came out. I've seen better chinasaurs than that. -_-

Gwangi

I got the only Schleich mini that really interested me, the Carnotaurus. This little guy is insanely detailed, and honestly not as small as I expected. Not bad for a $7 figure and much better than their larger version IMO. Expect a review up on the blog eventually. And as I suspected, the forearm is there, just tucked away.

sauroid

might get that Carno myself. if only the bigger figures were as attractive... (the Spino's teeth are just ugh. wish they just sculpted it with mouth closed)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Meso-Cenozoic

Gwangi, you may have just convinced me to get the Carno with your pics. He really isn't bad at all! And I'm glad his colors aren't so neon-bright as in other pics. I also have to agree with you about your "insanely detailed" comment, and not just the Carno. One of the main reasons I've been picking up some of the newer Schleich figures in the past few years is because of their insane amount of details (not for their accuracy for the general lot of them). For toys, they really have been adding a lot of fine detailing as well as playing with interesting color combinations. But I've still only picked up the ones that come the closet to accurate depictions as I can find (which does limit the numbers rather quickly). And this not-so-little guy is a pretty respectable looking figure.

As far as the Spino that Takama posted, I'll have to wait to see it and hold it it in my hand. His detailing also looks really nice as well. And his colors don't look as overly bright as in the proto pics, especially the purple. I kinda like the dynamic pose too (Yes, even resting on one of his hands. Haha!). But that face and jaws! One of the things we know for sure about Spinos is that hooked piece in its jaws with angled teeth around it. So simple! For me, he just looks like a cool dragon. But maybe I'll change my mind once I see him in person, as well as some of their other new 2015's I'm not ready yet to buy. I'm going to Walmart tomorrow (or I should say, today). Let's see what they have! ;)

Gwangi

I don't ever think I'll collect Schleich like I do some other lines but yes, I have noticed that they are releasing a few higher quality models each year. The Kentrosaurus in particular caught me off guard. I've purchased 4 Schleich models this year so far, a record for me!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: