You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Could any of you help with info on some strange Invicta Dinosaurs?

Started by funkyfifi, August 21, 2015, 09:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkyfifi

I'm just sorting out a picture as never posted on a forum before, but I was wondering if anyone could help!! Pretty please xx I hope you don't mind me joining just to ask a question but these are driving me potty!
I have 2 dinosaurs that are a creamy white kind of colour fully marked on bellies? I live in Leicester so see a lot of things from Invicta factory past have seen transluscent & plain chalky white before but these have me stumped  :o
Could they be a kind of unpainted blank??
Photo coming up asap as soon as I've sorted it xx
Thanks in advance :D

EDIT: Fixed the photo links  C:-)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Unpainted Invictas were always cast in the color that they were. There were also "paint-and-play" sets which featured white dinosaurs which could be painted. I don't know exactly which dinosaurs were made like this, but these could have been.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

funkyfifi

Thank you xx and thanks to moderators for helping with my photo's! Was having a nightmare!!!
These are kind of a cross between translucent and creamy white :/ but possibly could have been from a set xxx
Appreciate your comment :)

Patrx

BlueKrono

Has anyone ever seen a painted Invicta Lambeosaurus? I can't seem to find any pictures of one. Were some Invictas simply not made in painted version? I have seen a yellow one, which was equally baffling. Were any other Invictas released in more than one solid-color version?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Takama

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 27, 2017, 07:50:27 PM
Has anyone ever seen a painted Invicta Lambeosaurus? I can't seem to find any pictures of one. Were some Invictas simply not made in painted version? I have seen a yellow one, which was equally baffling. Were any other Invictas released in more than one solid-color version?

LAmbeosaurus, Troodon and Dimetrodon were the only InvictAs that were never painted officialy

Archinto

These are rare variant colors. They command serious bucks. Ive seen a triceratops and a megalosaurus like this too.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

BlueKrono

"Serious bucks" is a rather subjective term in a hobby that ranges from sloppy little plastic figures to magnificent resins crafted by master paleoartists, and dating back over 100 years, each decade of which had it's own unique rarities.  :P But thank you both of you!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

postsaurischian

The Invictas from the painting sets looked like this:

I'm not sure if there was a set with Baryonyx and Muttaburrasaurus.
  Are your figures made of softer material, which means: Can you bend the tail, arms etc.?
  In case you can, it looks like someone removed the colour of the painted versions (which were all made of softer rubber-like material).

BlueKrono

I do have a translucent amber-colored Invicta plesiosaur that Dr. Admin and I suspect might be a painted with the paint removed. Were all the dinos this amber color underneath?

Libraraptor

The ones in the very First pictures of this thread look more glossy than the ones you could paint.  They also look more flexible.  hence I think these are rare unpainted ones.

Archinto

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 27, 2017, 09:26:40 PM
"Serious bucks" is a rather subjective term in a hobby that ranges from sloppy little plastic figures to magnificent resins crafted by master paleoartists, and dating back over 100 years, each decade of which had it's own unique rarities.  :P But thank you both of you!

I saw some sell on ebay for about 100+ british pounds a piece
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 27, 2017, 10:04:41 PM
I do have a translucent amber-colored Invicta plesiosaur that Dr. Admin and I suspect might be a painted with the paint removed. Were all the dinos this amber color underneath?

Some of the painted Invicta's were made of the translucent amber coloured plastic. Some were also coloured like the ones at the start of this thread. Then there were some rarer ones that have their plastic coloured like the base paint colour. These ones when found painted mostly always have unpainted features like the eyes and claws.

In this photo the two tyrannosauruses and the baryonyx are the rarer coloured plastic versions and as you can see their eyes, mouths and some of their claws are unpainted.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.