News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

P

Rebor v Papo

Started by petebuster1, January 20, 2015, 03:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 21, 2015, 04:33:43 AM
I have to humbly disagree, Marc. When you look at that black and white, side by side bust shot of the both of them, the teeth of the Papo's Allosaurus are clearly meticulously carved independently, while REBOR's look to be one single set. And I agree with mpchi, Al's scales are much more random in shapes and sizes, making the overall appearance more natural.
I was referring more to the T. rex, which is the only one I've seen in person. The teeth on that are very nicely done.
I think the above comments on Rebor placing themselves firmly in the enthusiasts' market are fair. They're priced too high for a 'casual' purchase. Therefore, the audience are going to care about accuracy, to a varying extent.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Fluffysaurus

Well i am one of that enthusiasts. I dont mind which one is better. I like them both.
Papo and Rebor. And untill now they didnt bite eachother. Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder.
I collect them both and hope they Will produce lots of dinosaurs in the year to come. ;D
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Horridus on January 21, 2015, 07:20:56 PM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 21, 2015, 04:33:43 AM
I have to humbly disagree, Marc. When you look at that black and white, side by side bust shot of the both of them, the teeth of the Papo's Allosaurus are clearly meticulously carved independently, while REBOR's look to be one single set. And I agree with mpchi, Al's scales are much more random in shapes and sizes, making the overall appearance more natural.
I was referring more to the T. rex, which is the only one I've seen in person. The teeth on that are very nicely done.
I think the above comments on Rebor placing themselves firmly in the enthusiasts' market are fair. They're priced too high for a 'casual' purchase. Therefore, the audience are going to care about accuracy, to a varying extent.

Ahh, I get you now. I was a little confused in this thread anyway. LOL! The topic does say, "Rebor v Papo", but the only pics that were included at the beginning were of the Yutyrannus. I haven't seen their T. rex in person, but the teeth do look good in pics.

And thanks tanystropheus for those extra pics. The teeth still look better on the Papo than the Yutyrannus in that black and white profile pic. Actually in the colored closeup pic from that eBay page, Rebor's teeth actually don't look any better than Papo's, IMHO, but maybe in person they do. :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.