News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1:1 dinosaur toy

Started by Arul, February 23, 2015, 12:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: stoneage on February 23, 2015, 07:05:54 PM
I think most Cambrian figures would work at this scale.

Kaiyodos dinotales opabinia is life sized dispite being a tiny figure.

Roselaar

Any small species of dinosaur could do. As would most baby dinosaurs. Even the biggest creatures have to start somewhere. ;)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 23, 2015, 01:37:19 AM

I could see paying at least a 100.00 each for "figures" of each of those.

A $100 price tag for 1:1 replica of a dinosaur or prehistoric reptile seems more than reasonable. I would embrace the idea, wholeheartedly, assuming that the final product will at least be borderline realistic.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 23, 2015, 08:37:44 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 23, 2015, 01:37:19 AM

I could see paying at least a 100.00 each for "figures" of each of those.

A $100 price tag for 1:1 replica of a dinosaur or prehistoric reptile seems more than reasonable. I would embrace the idea, wholeheartedly, assuming that the final product will at least be borderline realistic.

Oh yeah, at least as nice CollectA's new Guidraco.

Arul

Well until now 1:4 is the nearest from 1:1...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ARUL on February 24, 2015, 12:26:50 PM
Well until now 1:4 is the nearest from 1:1...

Just say it's a juvenile animal. ;)

LophoLeeVT

yi qi the bat winged dino
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Libraraptor

I actually do have a Corythosaurus baby in original size, but it´s not really a toy but rather a sculpt.
But any Hadrosaur baby would work - imagine one as a Bullyland softsize, for example.

Or how about all the small feathered, sparrowsized guys some of which have recently been found?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Safari could do the sparrow-sized pieces easy I'd think.  A baby dino, including a hadrosaur would be great!

amargasaurus cazaui

Bit confused here...but wouldnt the favorite destop kinto whatever we call emm thingies....be 1:1 models....the Compsognathus and Scioponyx are advertised as life sized.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

LophoLeeVT

eh......... when are you going to make one
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

Ezikot

I'd love some realistic 1:1 models and in this topic I can read a lot of good suggestions,
but what would you think about just 1:1 heads?

Guess, just to name a few, that some basal ceratopsians and small dromaeosaurids heads wouldn't be so big and could sell well...

Arul

Quote from: Ezikot on June 19, 2015, 06:20:23 AM
I'd love some realistic 1:1 models and in this topic I can read a lot of good suggestions,
but what would you think about just 1:1 heads?

Guess, just to name a few, that some basal ceratopsians and small dromaeosaurids heads wouldn't be so big and could sell well...

Yes i agreed with dromeosaur head. Favorite co.ltd have 1:1 velociraptor fossil that is so interesting model

Quote from: raptor64870 on June 19, 2015, 05:19:31 AM
eh......... when are you going to make one

I cant make a figure, but some of the member can do it  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

I do 1:1 Velociraptor heads for sale on occasion or can be commissioned. Same deal for young plesiosaur busts.

Manatee

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 19, 2015, 09:09:14 AM
I do 1:1 Velociraptor heads for sale on occasion or can be commissioned. Same deal for young plesiosaur busts.
Wasn't Brandem making some 1:1 small ceratopsian figures for your park that could also be purchased from him when finished?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Manatee on June 19, 2015, 01:14:35 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 19, 2015, 09:09:14 AM
Wasn't Brandem making some 1:1 small ceratopsian figures for your park that could also be purchased from him when finished?

Yep. He has one adult Aquilops done that should be ready for purchase soon, with modification parts for it as well, so a family group can be made using different poses.

LophoLeeVT

Blade-of-the-Moon

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.