News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Imports Dragon - Daspletosaurus

Started by Herrerasaurus, June 14, 2015, 01:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herrerasaurus

EDIT: Whoops, I wonder if this is a knock-off line... I'm seeing some similarities to other brands...

Hey, first post. :) I  happened to check out this interesting hobby/toy shop this afternoon and I was somewhat surprised to find this rare daspletosaurus. It's a very nice model: nice vinyl, textured well, excellent paint-job, good size...

Some photos:

Front:

Back (they also have a second line, which seemed to include an apatosaurus, triceratops, and another common dino; that of which I cannot recall.):

They seem to be a Quebec company (I'm also from Canada), however, their website isn't very informative:

http://importsdragon.com/en/

Anyone else hear of this line?

Takama

Herrerasaurus

My apologies, I should have read the "knock-off" thread in the forum. I didn't know this was thing...

Well, there goes my first post... sigh... :(

DinoLord

Welcome to the forum! No worries - many of us have dealt with knockoffs at some point or another. You seem to have some nice legitimate models - surely the start to a great collection. I also started collecting (or at least my second go at it after my childhood) with Papo figures.

Takama

Quote from: Herrerasaurus on June 14, 2015, 01:46:33 AM
My apologies, I should have read the "knock-off" thread in the forum. I didn't know this was thing...

Well, there goes my first post... sigh... :(

Do not fret :)    Its a Good first post. If they were not Knockoffs, im sure they would be in some peoples collections.

Its not a Crime to own a Knockoff figure.

Herrerasaurus

Thanks. :)

Looks like they duped me. It wasn't until I took the photo of the running T-rex next to this "Daspletosaurus" did I realize something fishy was going on.

QuoteI also started collecting (or at least my second go at it after my childhood) with Papo figures.

I actually started collecting back in 2005 with the older Safarie, Bullyland, Schleich models, so this is also my second go. They all ended up in a box until I recently got the itch to start collecting again. I must say, there are some really nice models these days. :)

Fortunently, I've started re-collecting with Dinosaur Farm and Everything Dinosaur... I usually don't purchase figures in local shops, and I suppose that's where these knock-offs are being sold. I wonder how much of that store was genuine....  ???

sauroid

i think most stores dont even have an idea that they are selling knock-offs (unless they also have the originals in stock which i doubt because they would seriously compete with the cheaper knock offs).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.