News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Leaps in Evolution Exhibit Photo Gallery

Started by dgmilner, September 05, 2015, 05:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgmilner

I've posted 60 pictures of the Leaps in Evolution - Tracing the Path of Vertebrate Evolution exhibit currently on display at the Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo, Japan: https://picasaweb.google.com/107747966331221796816/LeapsInEvolutionTokyoJapan.

See http://www.kahaku.go.jp/exhibitions/ueno/special/2015/evolution/ for more information about the exhibit.

Halichoeres

I didn't realize the Kaiyodo figures were reproductions of the museum models! Although looking at the illustrations on the wall, I kind of wish there'd been three times as many. Thanks for sharing these photos.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Viking Spawn

Thanks for sharing.  I'd love to visit Japan one day!

John

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 05, 2015, 06:26:09 PM
I didn't realize the Kaiyodo figures were reproductions of the museum models! Although looking at the illustrations on the wall, I kind of wish there'd been three times as many. Thanks for sharing these photos.
I don't know about either the Anomalocaris or the Ichthyostega since I don't have either,but I do have the Dimetrodon from that set and that one is not  based specifically on the model in the exhibition,just it's color scheme. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Quote from: Viking Spawn on September 05, 2015, 11:38:25 PM
Thanks for sharing.  I'd love to visit Japan one day!

Judging from your Avatar, i bet you would ;D

Still It irks me that They get all the good Stuff

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.