News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

WS 1996 Apatosaurus

Started by joossa, September 20, 2015, 08:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

I recently purchased two different versions of the 1996 Apatosaurus.

I don't see it regularly posted on different sites and was wondering:

1) I'm assuming this figure is retired. Is that correct?
2) Does it exist with only two paint variants?
3) Which of the paint variants is older?

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Those are the only two paint variants I know of for this figure. The brighter one is older and the more Battat-like one is the newer one. I think the figure was retired before 2009. If no one else answers by then I'll check my catalogs.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

MaastrichtianGuy

so the bright one is the red one

Pachyrhinosaurus

I just checked. The model was discontinued in 2009 but was produced in a different color for 2008. According to the catalog it was browner and lacked stripes its final year, so your newer one is from 2007 or before. And yes, the bright one is the red one. My oldest catalog is from 2006 and does not go back far enough to show the red variant.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

According to toyanimal.info, it was released in 1997.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

By coincidence, I received my reddish version of this Apatosaurus at the end of last week, as part of a group lot on eBay.  This bright version was actually reviewed by Marc Vincent on the DTB in the Wild Safari company section in November 2009 - it's well worth a read!

joossa

Excellent. Thanks for the help, guys.  :)

If anyone has a picture of the 2008 variant, I would like to see.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.