You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Obscure Creatures You Want Turned into a Model

Started by Megalosaurus, April 18, 2012, 01:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 26, 2012, 12:32:25 AM

Hah! Gross. I had some, but eventually they started eating each other and now my girlfriend hates them and doesn't want any more. She gets weird about cannibals, apparently - yet she eats shrimp.

Well, as long as she's not a shrimp (and unless this is Futurama-world, I am guessing she's not) then it's not cannibalism, just good ol' fashioned predation.
[/quote]

No, no.... I meant that shrimp are cannibals. She doesn't even want Triops in our fishtank because they're cannibals, yet she'll EAT a cannibal.
[/quote]

So she eats the Triops!   *yuck*

Metallisuchus

No, haha! Shrimp are just like Triops - cannibalistic. And she eats shrimp, so why the ____ can't I have my Triops in my fish tank!? Hypocrite she is!

We were at the local fish store, and I was pointing out the shrimp eating the other shrimp, going "see! this is what you eat! these sickening cannibals! No better than Triops!"

Megalosaurus

Hi.

I don't remember if someone has mentioned this one:

Jeholopterus .- The short snouted pterosaur

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

SBell

Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 26, 2012, 02:28:52 AM
No, haha! Shrimp are just like Triops - cannibalistic. And she eats shrimp, so why the ____ can't I have my Triops in my fish tank!? Hypocrite she is!

We were at the local fish store, and I was pointing out the shrimp eating the other shrimp, going "see! this is what you eat! these sickening cannibals! No better than Triops!"

I just realized-as someone who has raised a lot of Triops, they would never survive in a fish tank (with anything else).  They like warm, uninhabited bodies of water. And then yeah, they eat each other. Before everything else does.

Metallisuchus

Oh they were surviving. It's a small fish tank, anyway. They pretty much just kept eating each other, so their numbers dwindled. I should've kept another tank of them, to see if the regular fish tank w/ the other species affected their survival rate.

Oh, and it comes to mind - none of these companies have made a cassowary yet! One of the most interesting extant creatures.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.