News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow - New for 2016

Started by Dyscrasia, May 26, 2016, 02:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyscrasia

After the SSC Dinosauria line being somewhat dormant since the announcement of Ceratosaurus last year, Sideshow finally unveiled its first official basal ankylosaur (nodosaur) - Gastonia

Only a single preview image is available at the moment, but I think it won't be far too long to see more detailed info on this piece.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/gastonia-statue/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice. About time a herbivore got some love.

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Takama

Shoot Can someone merge my topic with this one?

tyrantqueen

I bet it will be beautiful, but crazy expensive and big like every other SS :) That's why it's nice to just live vicariously through other people's photos for this sort of thing ;)

AcroSauroTaurus

I can already tell this will be an amazing piece!
I am the Dinosaur King!

RobinGoodfellow

I wish I had more space in my house for Sideshow's figures but I haven't...  :'(
Actually my PNSO Dino collection is a problem that I'm trying to solve as quick as possible...   ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

https://www.facebook.com/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif

trying to figure out this quote from the video above :

Gastonia : " he's the size of a barge, and really likes eggs " ummm..what?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 28, 2016, 04:37:17 PM
https://www.facebook.com/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif

trying to figure out this quote from the video above :

Gastonia : " he's the size of a barge, and really likes eggs " ummm..what?

GASTON :D

Kovu

It's from the song Gaston and his lackey LeFou sing from Beauty and the Beast.

When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs
Every morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs
So I'm roughly the size of a barge

Takama

Well To be fare Gastonia is named after a man named Gaston.

But it has nothing to do with Disney.

It was named in honer of Robert Gaston

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would never have thought of that song..i figured it meant it would be a large piece and at the least defending a nest...

tanystropheus

What would happen if Sideshow started a 1/40 or 1/35 line of models?

Kovu

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 29, 2016, 05:00:05 AM
I would never have thought of that song..i figured it meant it would be a large piece and at the least defending a nest...

Yeah  :) I wonder if the new, live action Beauty and the Beast trailer had anything to do with why they chose Gaston as part of the Gastonia's marketing. Apparently the trailer for it surpassed Star War's record for most viewed Youtube trailer or something, so it would make sense for them to reference a well known Gaston.

Dyscrasia

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 29, 2016, 05:34:12 AM
What would happen if Sideshow started a 1/40 or 1/35 line of models?

Although that would be great, it seems to be very unlikely.

Actually, I thought that this line was finally over after Ceratosaurus.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

utd7

I thought that with SDCC going on at the moment that they would fully reveal this beauty. Does somebody know whether they did?
We live in a Jurassic World

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

why Gastonia...it looks so boring compared to an ankylosaurus. And as a JP fan i would prefer ankylosaurus on top.

Takama

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on August 03, 2016, 09:51:01 PM
why Gastonia...it looks so boring compared to an ankylosaurus. And as a JP fan i would prefer ankylosaurus on top.

Hey nodosaurs need love too, because Ankylosaurs are hogging up the market.   Im the oppisite.   I think Nodosaurs are cooler

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.