News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat Terra Line, Repaints and new sculpts

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, September 20, 2015, 02:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

My mother watches two Targets in her area, and she also visited another store Last Friday. Today I had feet in four different Targets as well....none in our area have the new repaints as yet.
As for what is left, I found no Nashung, and no Cryos anywhere to be seen
I found a few Dacentru, and herds of Pachys. As for the five repaints from first wave, I found plentiful Carnos, Amargas, 2 ceratosaurus, one acro, and three rexes, which i scarfed up. (the rexes)
If that helps anyone understand what is common so far and what seems rarer, who knows, but the sampling does represent something like eight stores .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

JurassicGeek09

I feel silly asking this but were the dioramas and the boxes designed such that the dioramas could be bent backwards and displayed?
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Dinomike

@JurassicGeek: Yup, they were designed as displays. @Amargasaurus cazaui: Have you seen any of the new Parasaurolophus figures around? I'd be interested. They haven't made their way to eBay yet...
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

amargasaurus cazaui

So far nothing for the new grouping in my area...have my eye out for at least three of each when they come in so I can cover a few people I always take care of...but no, nothing yet. I am sure they will get here eventually...just seems like my area is one of the last for them
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Shuvuuia

You're not alone Amargasaurus. Been checking the three closest targets once a week for two months now. Nothing yet.

Doug Watson

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 20, 2015, 05:11:57 PM
Due to the overwhelming demand for them, I am going out to visit two more stores in the other direction from where I went yesterday, unless I run out of cash at the first one. My mother is at a car show, with my step dad today. He enters a 51 Oldsmobile and she enters a 1950 that are both quite similar...I have her promise to check the Target close to the show on her way home. At this point we are just scouring for repaints, as I have quite a few of the original sculpts except the theri.
    So I will hit two more stores today and she will hit one close to their show and another in their home town of Topeaka, so another  four stores today if we do it right.
Hopefully then the people in the forum that wanted these can get them . Stay tuned.

I was just scouring this thread once again amargasaurus and if I haven't mentioned it before I have to say this is a wonderful thing you are doing. BUT, the thing that got my juices flowing today was when I read about your step dad and mom's Olds. I don't know if you have any interest in cars but I am a car nut and the first car that I have any memories of is my Dad's 1951 Pontiac. They used to lay me down in the package tray under the rear window with a pillow and I would fall asleep watching the trees overhead fly by, I can remember that like it was yesterday. I loved that car. GM at the time shared the basic design of their cars amongst Chevy, Olds, Buick & Pontiac. The Chevs were smaller but the basic lines were the same plus they each had their own trim and grill treatments etc. The US Pontiac was based on the larger platform but in Canada the Pontiac was based on the smaller Chevy platform and that is what we had. In the shots of my work spaces that I posted on the Desktop Diaries thread I have pictures of 1951 Pontiacs. Still don't own one unfortunately but I would love to see your Mom's & Step Dad's Olds if you have any pics! :D

amargasaurus cazaui

Doug I will get you some images and post them for sure. They bought both cars off Ebay a few years back...and got both a 1950 and a 1951 Olds. If I remember correctly the 1950 had like 35,000 original miles and was all original, whereas the 1951 had been turned into a street rod with all the extras. Given the stock version does not have air conditioning nor power steering, when they go on a cruise or a rod run , step dad drives the stock car, and mom drives the hot rod....(for me a rather amusing image, as my mother is pushing into her seventies )Both cars are solid black and my step dad who is the car wizard keeps them fixed and running well. Nevermind his garage car he sometimes also shows is a completely restored 1957 chevy wagon .  For those who have some of the battats I have mailed, consider each car show and rod run they go on they hit every target store on the way and working with my request list bring back the required dinosaurs to make everyone happy. Between what I have here and what I have mailed, and between their efforts and mine we have been responsible for something like 125 dinosaurs sold, give or take.

Emailed mom and said give with the pictures, so should have them for you quickly

Doug Watson

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 26, 2016, 02:18:18 PM
Doug I will get you some images and post them for sure. They bought both cars off Ebay a few years back...and got both a 1950 and a 1951 Olds. If I remember correctly the 1950 had like 35,000 original miles and was all original, whereas the 1951 had been turned into a street rod with all the extras. Given the stock version does not have air conditioning nor power steering, when they go on a cruise or a rod run , step dad drives the stock car, and mom drives the hot rod....(for me a rather amusing image, as my mother is pushing into her seventies )Both cars are solid black and my step dad who is the car wizard keeps them fixed and running well. Nevermind his garage car he sometimes also shows is a completely restored 1957 chevy wagon .  For those who have some of the battats I have mailed, consider each car show and rod run they go on they hit every target store on the way and working with my request list bring back the required dinosaurs to make everyone happy. Between what I have here and what I have mailed, and between their efforts and mine we have been responsible for something like 125 dinosaurs sold, give or take.

Emailed mom and said give with the pictures, so should have them for you quickly

Can't wait, your parents are my kind of people. I go to several car shows a year as a spectator, I like old cars, muscle cars, sports cars, just about anything except boring cars. My wife thinks they are bottomless money pits, which they are and that coupled with our lack of disposable funds has kept me from owning one. My first car was a beat up 64 MG Midget and I did have a new 1978 BMW 320i but since then my cars have been practical. My latest ride is a retro styled Chevy HHR which is patterned after 1949 Suburban but I still hope to have some sort of special interest car in the future.
Kudos to both of them as well for indulging and participating in your quest to supply the world with Battats.

P.S. My Dad also had a 1957 Chevy Sedan when I was a kid.

amargasaurus cazaui

Just kicking this thread to let those watching that the new wave has hit my area...so if your waiting on me to get them, might let me know what your wanting. So far mom found two in her local store, the Euplo and the Parasaur, which means this sunday I will venture out in my stores as well

dutchdinolover

Hi Amargasarus,

I would love to buy the new wave of repaints from you. All three if possible ( stegosaurus, euoplocephalus and Parasaurolophus). I'm not in a hurry to acquire them, but i'am willing to pay in advance.

Thank you in advance for your efforts!

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 05, 2016, 03:52:50 AM
Just kicking this thread to let those watching that the new wave has hit my area... .......

:D Hurra!!!

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 26, 2016, 02:43:43 PM
Kudos to both of them as well for indulging and participating in your quest to supply the world with Battats.

What a heavenly mission O:-).

amargasaurus cazaui

For those who have gotten their battats from me its quite possible they were driven in a show car to get here lol

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.