News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Colorata Feathered Dinosaurs Box Set

Started by Flaffy, August 04, 2016, 05:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

It's interesting to see the colour scheme on the rex looks very similar to the newly revealed Safari 2017 one.
The bases are interesting, I see rippling sand on the rex etc., but what is it on the raptors? Stone? Parched earth? Salt flats?

tyrantqueen

I like the Anchiornis but would pass on the rest. Btw, I'm sick of seeing raptors leaping through the air with their mouths open, it's so cliche now.

Flaffy

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 25, 2016, 09:36:40 AM
I like the Anchiornis but would pass on the rest. Btw, I'm sick of seeing raptors leaping through the air with their mouths open, it's so cliche now.
That is not an Anchiornis, it is a microraptor.

Patrx

Btw, I'm sick of seeing raptors leaping through the air with their mouths open, it's so cliche now.

Indeed! Aside from the scaly hands sticking out of the wings, the poses are the reason I'll wait for someone else to make some new dromaeosaurs instead.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on August 25, 2016, 09:45:47 AM
That is not an Anchiornis, it is a microraptor.

Oh really? I saw the black and white and just assumed it was.

Halichoeres

Colorata is re-releasing its Cretaceous Volume 2 box with an updated Spinosaurus:

No update on the Deinonychus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Tempted, but not at the same time.  :P
I liked the first version of the Colorata Deinonychus more anyways.

terrorchicken

the spino look so much better now but I wish theyd fix the arms on the carnotaurus and feather the deinonychus.

Roselaar

Nice Spinosaur, but I'm not getting that box if there's only a single new figure in it.

stargatedalek

The new Spinosaurus might finally be enough push to make me pick up this box, I've had the Deinonychus for a while but always kept an eye out for the marine reptiles on their own.

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 23, 2016, 10:18:48 PM
The new Spinosaurus might finally be enough push to make me pick up this box, I've had the Deinonychus for a while but always kept an eye out for the marine reptiles on their own.

The marine reptiles are probaby the best part of the box sets. The Spinosaurus is nice, but I wouldn't buy the whole box again just for one updated figure!

Unless it's the Fossil Fish. I have three of those sets!

JimoAi

Any idea if the feathered t rex from the feathered Dino's boz work as Nanuqsaurus especially to be paired with the upcoming collectA?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.