You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric animals we'd like made, ordered by year named

Started by Sim, March 14, 2020, 06:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I've added them to the list!  I've also removed Placerias and Amargasaurus since they have good figures, and I've added the following species:

1890: Barosaurus lentus

crazy8wizard

Is the Kaiyodo barosaurus listed as inaccurate because of the tail length?

Sim

The only figures of Barosaurus I know of are the ones Halichoeres showed here: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.msg235521#msg235521

They are both inaccurate, the Kaiyodo specifically does have a tail that's too short, but it also has outdated nostril position and claws on toes that should be clawless.

I really hope someone makes a good Barosaurus figure.  Eofauna I doubt would as it might be too similar to their Diplodocus, I could see CollectA and Haolonggood making it though, maybe even PNSO could...

TheCambrianCrusader

You know I'm surprised nobody ever brings up hominins that much in these wishlists. I would love for an actual honest to god attempt at a good Neanderthal figure and not just some generic archetypal caveman. I know there's that safari set which has a decent one but it doesn't scale well with most other cenozoic figures and there's really not much else besides it.

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Sim

It's only known from one skull bone, so it doesn't have the good remains needed to be on the list...

crazy8wizard

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on September 12, 2024, 09:06:08 PMI want a Gremlin figure.

You could probably use Safari or Playskool's Leptoceratops as a stand in for Gremlin. Unless we find more unique material it will probably look like Leptoceratops anyways

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.