News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Cambrian to Permian figures

Started by Joel1905, April 02, 2024, 11:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel1905

Hey guys

I'm looking to add some pre-Triassic critters to my collection.

So far I've only got the Wild Past Scutosaurus and a few of the CollectA critters (Anomalacaris etc) and I'd really like more.

Preferably I'd want to go for models that wouldn't look so far out of place in a 1:35 collection and are on the higher end of manufacturing quality.

Thanks!

Gwangi

If you go to the Dinosaur Toy Blog you can search different time periods. It's a new feature but rather handy.

Faelrin

Much of the Paleozoic figures out there that I'm aware of are much larger then 1:35. That said there's quite a lot of decent figures out there if you can get your hands on them.

Not to take away from avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi's suggestion, but I have made a very guide to this topic (do note the Wild Past Scutosaurus is available now. I have to update that part of the guide):

https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.msg274916#msg274916

There's also the DinoToyCollector website, and ToyAnimalWiki too which may have things of interest (though I think everything on the DinoToyCollector is covered in my above guide).

If any images of the above guide are not working let me know. My internet has trouble loading things sometimes so if something's actually broken I won't know.

Edit: Turns out many of the images are broken as a result of the DinoToyCollector being down. I think any images linked to the ToyAnimalWiki might be broken too, but not certain. I'll have to spend some time fixing those with sourcing them from elsewhere.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

It's possible to put together a pretty good Paleozoic collection, but at 1:35 it's going to be pretty limited. There's some good stuff out there if you look for it. These are photos from my collection, with figures between about 1:25 and 1:50:

Kaiyodo Dimetrodon and Lystrosaurus are the standouts here.

I'd say the PNSO Helicoprion and Favorite Dunkleosteus are the most obvious starting point for a ~1:35 Paleozoic collection.

(Mostly Paleozoic, but from the Dunk's tail rightward is Triassic)

These are a little bit large for 1:35 but probably won't look too out of place among a collection of PNSOs, for example.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Hynerpeton

I have gotten some pre dinos on temu. Which I will be sharing pics of soon. Waiting for one more to come in the mail.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.